WARNING - Broken Portal Doors - Biome 6

Narniak

To anyone having a great run into Biome 6, NEVER EVER use the portal doors that are supposed to turn from yellow to blue.  They can easily glitch out and not open again to let you back out of the damn room.  I've now had two great lengthy runs completely ruined by this horrendous trash.  Researching this bug it's a very common known issue that Housemarque can't be bothered to fix.  I have all the Sun Fragments and about 95% of all the collectibles, all I needed to do is beat the stupid biome 6 boss again to unlock the "final" Act 3 ending.  I'm about to quit on the Platinum because of this broken garbage.

I've tried everything on the door, combinations of jump/dash/melee/weapon/alt fire, nothing works.  Suspending cycle and restarting traps you in the same room.  The door will start to open for a fraction of a second, then it's just yellow stuck closed.  Trying to run/dash through the door in the fraction of a second when it's open at the start simply traps your character between the bugged door and the wall, then you can't even suspend the cycle anymore.  The only thing I couldn't try was killing my character to respawn at the Reconstructor thing because I hadn't yet found that room in biome 6.   

On 2.01.2023 at 5:26 AM, Narniak said:

To anyone having a great run into Biome 6, NEVER EVER use the portal doors that are supposed to turn from yellow to blue.  They can easily glitch out and not open again to let you back out of the damn room.  I've now had two great lengthy runs completely ruined by this horrendous trash.  Researching this bug it's a very common known issue that Housemarque can't be bothered to fix.  I have all the Sun Fragments and about 95% of all the collectibles, all I needed to do is beat the stupid biome 6 boss again to unlock the "final" Act 3 ending.  I'm about to quit on the Platinum because of this broken garbage.

I've tried everything on the door, combinations of jump/dash/melee/weapon/alt fire, nothing works.  Suspending cycle and restarting traps you in the same room.  The door will start to open for a fraction of a second, then it's just yellow stuck closed.  Trying to run/dash through the door in the fraction of a second when it's open at the start simply traps your character between the bugged door and the wall, then you can't even suspend the cycle anymore.  The only thing I couldn't try was killing my character to respawn at the Reconstructor thing because I hadn't yet found that room in biome 6.   

Sony has an easy solution for you - for the mere price of $60, you can upload your save data to cloud ? Seriously though, for a year or so I hoped that they would bring back manual saves, now I think it's a lost cause, which gets super-frustrating in situations like yours. 

11 hours ago, det_gittes said:

Sony has an easy solution for you - for the mere price of $60, you can upload your save data to cloud 1f602.png Seriously though, for a year or so I hoped that they would bring back manual saves, now I think it's a lost cause, which gets super-frustrating in situations like yours. 

I'm not save scumming to the cloud every time I want to use a portal door because Housemarque can't be bothered to fix their broken code.  I'll just skip that portion of their buggy as Hell game from now on.