Platinum Tips

Chaos_Bladez

This is a very grindy platinum and since there's no coherent guide out yet, I wanted to drop some tips I came across completing this game. 

• Play on easy: Swallow your pride, go in the main menu, and change the difficulty. In my opinion, this game is hard in a semi-cheap, not fun way since it has loose, poorly thought-out mechanics and pushes you to grind for an incredibly long time after each story mission. You're already going to grind a ton for this platinum so don't make it any harder for yourself. I almost never lower the difficulty (and often raise it even if there's no trophy involved) but I had to for this one for my sanity.

• Use the Hero Tatepon: This Hero's special fever ability thing makes your troops invincible. This is a literal lifesaver especially on easy since it's very hard to not hit perfect beats. This is great for grinding because it makes it more mindless and less frustrating. Just be warned for bosses that eat your Patapons. You'll have to purposely do a bad rhythm to get them to retreat (because for some reason, if you nail the retreat command, they charge in).

• Keep multiple saves: Do this just in case especially when you're forging the Demon/Divine weapons and making your three level 10 Rarepons. 

• Grind Darantula (purple spider boss) and Fenicci (orange bird boss) for fangs and bones, respectively: These two are the easiest, in my experience, to get loot out of, especially with a Tatepon Hero and the right squad (more on that below). Don't try to farm the dinosaurs for metals since they can very easily eat your Hero and kill your shield ability. The spider and bird are easy to stagger and the bird can't even eat Patapons. The spider can gobble them up but it is slow and easily staggers with the right build. Speaking from my experience, Centura (the orange spider) didn't yield as many materials and I didn't try Mochichichi (the green bird) for materials (but I doubt it gives more than Fenicci).

• Use the Yumipon arrow troop for the three level "Ultimate Rarepon" trophies: This is related to the last point. Since it is easiest to grind fangs and bones, you'll be in a better position to turn Yumipon into the three special Rarepons since that class mostly uses fangs and bones for its most powerful Rarepons. It's the path of least resistance and having this goal makes it easier to attain since you know what you're looking for. Just get enough Demon Bones and Demon Fangs to make and upgrade one Rarepon to level 10, save, upgrade it to level 10, quit out without saving, and then do the other so you can save on materials. If you don't do this, you're basically doubling or tripling your grind time, which sounds excruciating.

• Use Menyoki (tree Rarepons) for grinding: These green guys are the best at staggering, which is a pretty ubiquitous tip as seen in this YouTube video and many others like it. They can be created after "crafting" the Pyopyo and Buhyokko, which are the first two, which makes the Menyoki easy to get. However, I'd say you don't need to level up every single one to ten or even to level five. I just used six level five Menyoki Yumipons (they are the most important to level up), three level one Menyoki Megapons (the ones that attack with horns), and a few Menyoki Yaripons (the spear ones) and was fine. Getting all or most of your troops to level 10 is simply a waste of resources, in my opinion.

I hope this helps as I wish I had something like this to help me out. 

Edited by Chaos_Bladez
  • Like 2