Question about NG+ run to get Light/Dark trophy

amv_a

I was wondering whether or not cards carry to NG+ or if I would need to build the deck from scratch, also I would like to get some advice on what I should focus on, should I go straight for story quests or it's better to mix some general missions also?

Thanks in advance.

I mixed it up but mainly focused on rushing through story missions as there's more dialogue after each of em and ended up getting the trophy at around day 28-30. Also cards don't carry over so you'll have to make the most of what's given to you but it shouldn't be a problem if you're playing on lowest difficulty. 

• Like 1

yeh, i just finished this run myself....i manually saved my end game first,  so that i can go back and play that deck build and timeline with the DLC...

Started New Game+ on Story Mode Difficulty (easiest). I skipped all cutscenes (hold "circle").

You don't keep any cards or your passives, but keep unlocked characters and their passive abilities and friendship levels,

Forge abilities initial requirements do not need to be met again..if they were unlocked, you can unlock them again with the appropriate amount of artifact leveling...

Stick to main story missions and do General when required...when General is required look for "artifacts" to upgrade your forge.

i would recommend unlocking the extra card and redraw options for the Forge so that you can get dark abilities quicker.

make sure you build a deck of dark ability cards as soon as you can (i believe for every 3 dark ability cards played in battle, you get 1 dark point towards your Balance.

You do not need to do any of the grounds exploration, except for the "Open" word of Power.

Make sure you talk with everyone during the day and night that have action bubbles over their heads (check the map for locations) in order to get extra dark balance points.

Dialog can be passed through quickly by pressing "circle" repeatedly. It will automatically stop you when you need to make a light/dark choice.

Make sure you to the group meetings as well since you can get good dark balance points there as well...

Don't worry about losing friendship points...everyone already has their passives available, and the Story mode makes the battles very easy...

Took me about 30ish days (about 8 - 9 hours)

• Like 3

On 1/23/2023 at 3:17 PM, sword_of_omens said:

make sure you build a deck of dark ability cards as soon as you can (i believe for every 3 dark ability cards played in battle, you get 1 dark point towards your Balance.

This is mostly correct. You earn a point towards your Balance for every 4 balance cards played; whether you get a light point or a dark point depends on which type of card you played more.

So if you play 3 dark cards and 1 light card, you get one dark point at the end of the mission.

Every mission can award a maximum of two Balance points.

edit: I had numbers wrong. Pretty sure it's 4 cards played = 1 balance point, but it can be 3 dark cards and 1 light card = 1 dark point.

Edited by raithian25
i had numbers wrong.
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/01/2023 at 8:17 PM, sword_of_omens said:

yeh, i just finished this run myself....i manually saved my end game first,  so that i can go back and play that deck build and timeline with the DLC...

Started New Game+ on Story Mode Difficulty (easiest). I skipped all cutscenes (hold "circle").

You don't keep any cards or your passives, but keep unlocked characters and their passive abilities and friendship levels,

Forge abilities initial requirements do not need to be met again..if they were unlocked, you can unlock them again with the appropriate amount of artifact leveling...

Stick to main story missions and do General when required...when General is required look for "artifacts" to upgrade your forge.

i would recommend unlocking the extra card and redraw options for the Forge so that you can get dark abilities quicker.

You do not need to do any of the grounds exploration, except for the "Open" word of Power.

Make sure you talk with everyone during the day and night that have action bubbles over their heads (check the map for locations) in order to get extra dark balance points.

Dialog can be passed through quickly by pressing "circle" repeatedly. It will automatically stop you when you need to make a light/dark choice.

Make sure you to the group meetings as well since you can get good dark balance points there as well...

Don't worry about losing friendship points...everyone already has their passives available, and the Story mode makes the battles very easy...

Took me about 30ish days (about 8 - 9 hours)

excellent advice - thank you

• Like 2