Post patch Elite mode

Agripino

I just got the platinum by beating Elite mode "legit" - probably the way the developers intended - not that that is a good thing.

Here's what I did: started a campaign on Izzy mode, with a fully upgraded character (Sadiv66 or whatever the robot is called). Did all the bonus stages and spent money collecting lives only, after the game ends you can start New Games+, that will restart the game on normal with all the collected lives, repeat for hard, then for Elite. I got to Elite with about 70 lives and ended with 14, it's not easy and I had to watch a video on youtube of a god tier player finishing Elite mode straight away. 

I got this tip from Brazilian trophy forums, just wanted to share here.

Good luck and god do I hate this game. I was tempted to learn how to unpatch just for this one, this was not the time to learn it :-) 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 1/25/2023 at 1:41 AM, Agripino said:

I just got the platinum by beating Elite mode "legit" - probably the way the developers intended - not that that is a good thing.

Here's what I did: started a campaign on Izzy mode, with a fully upgraded character (Sadiv66 or whatever the robot is called). Did all the bonus stages and spent money collecting lives only, after the game ends you can start New Games+, that will restart the game on normal with all the collected lives, repeat for hard, then for Elite. I got to Elite with about 70 lives and ended with 14, it's not easy and I had to watch a video on youtube of a god tier player finishing Elite mode straight away. 

I got this tip from Brazilian trophy forums, just wanted to share here.

Good luck and god do I hate this game. I was tempted to learn how to unpatch just for this one, this was not the time to learn it :-) 

That is a pretty solid strategy. Probably better than how I did it.

The way i did it was to grind the bonus stages in online co-op with a friend, for whatever reason you can keep re selecting the bonus stages in online mode and retaining the lives you bought, but not single player. They might have finally patched that out but it worked a few months ago.

Having to level up every character and suffer through those unskippable cut scenes over and over again made me never want to see this game ever again.

• 3 weeks later...

>Having to level up every character and suffer through those unskippable cut scenes over and over again made me never want to see this game ever again.

I hear you man. To add salt to the wound, I HATE the people involved in this, one of the characters in the game has me blocked on twitter because I called him a sexist a-hole (which he is). 

I didn't know about the online strategy, good one - I hated every second of this game, and only got the platinum through the amazing power of BURNING HATE.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I'm playing the EU Version on PS3 and it's not yet been patched . I have no idea if the NA version has but you can use cross save to take your characters over from the PS4 and then use the level select to grind the glitch level then go through the story on hard and elite . Hope this helps future players as no one seems to mention the PS3 version is an option since the list is shared with PS4

22 minutes ago, Whisky4Tilson said:

I'm playing the EU Version on PS3 and it's not yet been patched . I have no idea if the NA version has but you can use cross save to take your characters over from the PS4 and then use the level select to grind the glitch level then go through the story on hard and elite . Hope this helps future players as no one seems to mention the PS3 version is an option since the list is shared with PS4

PS3 updates are a mess, a lot say they are version 1.0 when they actually have patches installed. I'm not saying this has updates, just letting you know. 

Well I've not yet done elite but I did test level 1 on hard after grinding 25 lives using the glitch level. I unlocked level 2 and did the same thing again after using level select which wipes all previous points and life's earned and it worked. I've no reason to believe I won't be able to do this for all levels so far but I have a couple of days off now so if I do hard with this method I'll repost for 100 % confirmation. 

Edited by Whisky4Tilson

• 3 weeks later...