Bugged Trophy

6 hours ago, kittcoldfire said:

I may have run into a bug like this as well. In the pirate world I missed the last coin in the boss battle. showing 11/12. Went and got it, still showing 11/12 although my rank went up and I was able to unlock more costumes....

Yes This is the Bug … 

I found the mistake. When I was watching video for the collectibles I was told that in the first level (Wild West) on the train when chasing Mr. Krabs the door after the water tanks opens, it never opens again when replaying the level.

I missed it for the first time, so i could open the door.. But I noticed that the gold duplon (gold coin) is not voted. Although it appears in the inventory, but does not count towards the level progress. so it's always 10/11.

That might have been avoidable if you'd picked them up as soon as you got on the train for the first time.

I am now at 99% and the coin is not counted. Great.... Either play through everything again, although there is no guarantee that the above strategy will work. Or I'll wait for a patch.

At the moment I am very disappointed. (Could have been a good weekend game....).

Edited by AbeToShrykull

• 2 weeks later...

WTF... 0.o

I checked the game again for updates yesterday to finally get the platinum before the VR2. (Didn't want to play through the whole thing again). Despite the fact that there was still no update since January 31st, 2023, I started it again and collected the last gold duplon on the train again.

But it didn't work.

And now I saw the linked video from @Lianco. 11 gold duplons are shown in the video. But none from the train.

I knew all of them. Only the No. 4 in the riding test could still be there. Could it be that the gold duplon on the turn is a kind of bonus, since it ends up in the inventory but doesn't count for the map.

I'll start the game later and check it out. Hope I missed the 4th and still get platinum then I'm happy!
(Even if unfortunately due to this "misunderstanding" it didn't become a weekend title.

Thanks in advance for the info @Lianco!

EDIT:

WTF...
I have platinum! WTF... Why are they doing this? The "Secret Gold Duplon on the Train" where you can only open the door once is not counted. ... but the 11 still exist. For me it was the 4th in the video. Riding the secret path. So it's actually 12/11. (Only that the one on the train isn't counted.) This crap, in addition to the normal gameplay, cost me half another time to collect everything again and wait almost 1 month for "a patch"... I could do it myself angry and feeling stupid....
(The duplone on the train is also quite easily missable. But not many had reported such a bug, so that should have made me a little more suspicious.

Anyway, many thanks to "@Lianco" for his linked video and his contribution!!!

Luckily I didn't have to start all over again yesterday, it would have been a pure disappointment....

One thing I ask myself though, how can you move SpongeBob so quickly like in the video, rep. easy gliding? ?

Edited by AbeToShrykull