Beach Bum(mer)

CloudIchigo

So yeah the reason I put this game off going for platinum is because the damn game was bugged when going for this trophy. I don't know what happened, but I did everything right and well something clearly went wrong. I don't see any others with this problem, so it must have been me.

If I remember right it was something to do with one of the treasures or something, I couldn't bring myself to go through it again for fear it glitches out once more. I should finish it off and maybe just leave that one trophy locked.

Honestly, if I remember right (I played this in 2018), I thought it glitched on me too. But I think I had to walk from one edge of each beach to the other. Like, walk against the shoreline. And it popped up on my second attempt doing that. 

Unless you are extremely talented or use the computer script method (if that still works, I never tried it) the 1000 jump rope trophy will be the make it or break it for the platinum. 

• 3 weeks later...

There were a couple of things that I did or missed when doing this side mission the first time around:

1. I forgot to talk to the fat chocobo using the square button, thus not 'accepting' the mission properly.

2. When I arrived at the beach, I dismounted the chocobo and pressed circle to make the second icon disappear, I did not walk along the shores, literally dismount > circle > mount.

3. When the trophy didn't pop I revisited islands to make sure I hadn't missed any of them, none of the previously visited islands had the second icon.

4. When i thought that the trophy had bugged, I finally found the last beach by the chocobo forest, which was a tiny island just off the shore.

I hope this helps.

• 1 month later...