Trophies still buggy?

tomfc90

Hello all. I started this game last year but dropped after reading many complaints about some bugged trophies not popping, particularly those regarding collectibles (Bullseye, Bottom's up and Piece of Resistance).

I thought "meh, maybe it's the same as AC Valhalla, Ubi dropped a bugged game and they'll hopefully patch it up". Can ayone confirm if those trophies have been fixed? Thank you in advance for your replies :)

• 4 months later...

Yes, trophies are still buggy as of June 2023. Being several years out from release, I'd assume they'll stay this way. I'd recommend doing Bullseye (complete darts in every location), Bottom's Up (drink in every drink location) and Piece de Resistance (complete all paste-ups). I'd do them all at the same time, following a map guide: https://mapgenie.io/watch-dogs-legion/maps/london

Do not fast travel, and do not put your PS4/5 into rest mode. Grab your construction worker and knock it all out in one go. It should take around 2 hours. Some of the paste-ups are tricky to find even with this map (most of the tricky ones are high on buildings). Unfortunately, I fast-traveled a few times and used a few different members of my team for the first few, likely resulting in issues I had getting the collectibles to register.

Here is a list of my experience with each of the three trophies:

Bullseye - I did these as versus matches and although the opponent would quit mid-game about 1/3 of the time, I got this trophy on the final dart game I played. So, no issues with this one other than it being a terrible mini-game that is borderline impossible to win (lucky you don't have to win these, just finish a match). Vs is easier than solo IMO.

Piece de Resistance - Completed them all using a guide and the trophy didn't pop. Went through about 1/2 the map again using the same mural design (it was one of the later murals, so I knew I was using the same character) and eventually quit out of the game. When I started again, the trophy popped immediately.

Bottom's Up - Did all drinking locations while doing the darts, as well as the 5 or so others that do not have dart games, and no trophy. Using the same character and no fast travel, I redid every location and on the very last one, the pub just outside of the safe house, the trophy popped.

I was able to get Bottom's up, Piece de Resistance and Bullseye trophies while using multiple  operatives. It took me like 3 days because i was not doing it with guide or in one go.

None of them were glitched for me. Not sure why i was able to avoid the glitch/bug but i always quitted to the option menue before turning the game off.

Not saying that is why i was able to avoid the bug.Just pointing out what i did before leaving the game.

Edited by XThordoomX

One important thing to note is that very occasionally, the collectibles (beer and darts) can still glitch even if you play it safe and use a single operative. If this happens and you're sure you haven't missed any, quit out of the game entirely and then reenter and reload your save. It should pop the trophies.

• Like 1

As I mentioned above, I had a few glitches with the collectibles. Other random glitches were my operatives becoming glitched images (I've read you can get their appearance back by changing their clothes) and constantly going into cover during a mission without pressing the O on PS4. I thought I might have been in crouch or triggered a button sequence that put me into cover, but had to exit the game. I'm one trophy away from Plat trying to trigger a kidnapping of one of my operatives. I had my spy kidnapped at around the 30 hour mark, but the mission glitched and when I restarted, the game said I failed the mission and my spy was added back to my roster.

I've played a ton of Ubisoft games and like the formula, but this is without a doubt the biggest disappointment of a Ubisoft game I've played in the past 5 years. It seems like it didn't do very well and they gave up on it and the patches. Decent unique game with a lot of issues if going for the Plat.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 7/31/2023 at 3:17 AM, Linaria91 said:

Still glitched for me. I don't know if I can be bothered even. If most of the trophy hunting is spent trying to get around glitches, it's an awful game and not worth platting. It's very frustrating.

It is an incredibly mediocre game using Assassins Creed stealth and Ubisoft map formula with tech and guns. Some of the tech is a lot of fun, but I ended up hating the changing character concept. It is great in theory, but ends up being tedious in a game. I'd rather briefly play as whatever character you chose or hack and once you do a mission is associated with them, you gain their abilities. I played when it was on Playstaton Plus, but I wouldn't recommend the game unless you are an Ubisoft open-world fan and I definitely wouldn't recommend it if you get obsessed over trophies. I easily spent 10 hours with this one after I was done with it and eventually gave up.

• Like 1