Cannot get gold in Night Test at Monza

GILFERD98

i think fastest lap it's not the only requirment to get gold, during my first try i got silver with a single fastest lap then i restarted e after some valid laps i got gold.
probably it requires a certain pace/consistency or some laps like hotstint special events, i'm not sure about that.

• Like 1

Difficulty affects the required times for gold medals. I am currently working on the short career set to easy and have since restarted three times.

From my experience a sub 1:58 should get a gold medal. This might be purely coincidence, but I noticed that in tests with AI being at least three seconds faster should be enough for a gold medal. 

• Like 1

On 2/10/2023 at 2:52 PM, GILFERD98 said:

Starting the long career and cant seem to get any higher than bronze in the night test at Monza even though im finishing with the quickest time... anyone know why?

It's funny that you have the same issuer because I just started the short career and during the Lamborghini Youngester Programme Test 3, I just did a laptime of 2:00 (playing with a controller) and I just got the silver medal even if it was the fastest lap. I was wondering why because I choose easy difficulty for this short career.

21 hours ago, nivasan6 said:

Difficulty affects the required times for gold medals. I am currently working on the short career set to easy and have since restarted three times.

From my experience a sub 1:58 should get a gold medal. This might be purely coincidence, but I noticed that in tests with AI being at least three seconds faster should be enough for a gold medal. 

Yes you're right because I checked this really useful video "Career All Hotlaps Gold Medal" from Blu3Angels_s and he did it in 1:56. So this video is a good hint to know if your laptime should be enough or not.

Thanks for the info :)

Anyway I'm writing a platinum guide about ACC so I will write down every useful and efficient information about how to get every trophy of the game. At the moment, I just started working on the career mode and I still have to get the gold and platinum driver categories but will do it after the career mode.

• Like 2

On 2/14/2023 at 8:50 AM, Mystic_Snake said:

Anyway I'm writing a platinum guide about ACC so I will write down every useful and efficient information about how to get every trophy of the game. At the moment, I just started working on the career mode and I still have to get the gold and platinum driver categories but will do it after the career mode.

Fantastic! I was contemplating on writing a guide, but since you are planning on writing a guide I will share my experiences with the gold medals in career. There is too much outdated or misinformation regarding the gold medals. 

Brands Hatch Test: complete 7 laps in under 11:10, clean laps are not required. I got gold with a time of 11:09. My average lap times were around 1:34. I had one lap of around 1:33 which was not clean and the rest were in the 1:35 and 1:34 range.

Nürburgring Test: sub 2:04 should get a gold. 

Edited by nivasan6
  • Like 1

On 14.2.2023 at 3:50 PM, Mystic_Snake said:

It's funny that you have the same issuer because I just started the short career and during the Lamborghini Youngester Programme Test 3, I just did a laptime of 2:00 (playing with a controller) and I just got the silver medal even if it was the fastest lap. I was wondering why because I choose easy difficulty for this short career.

Yes you're right because I checked this really useful video "Career All Hotlaps Gold Medal" from Blu3Angels_s and he did it in 1:56. So this video is a good hint to know if your laptime should be enough or not.

Thanks for the info :)

Hey, i was having the same problem. I ended up getting a 01.57.000 and that got me the gold. I think the gold medal is to go faster than 01.58.000.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, iKriiiZz said:

Hey, i was having the same problem. I ended up getting a 01.57.000 and that got me the gold. I think the gold medal is to go faster than 01.58.000.

I can confirm that you have to do a lap time under 1:58:000 to get the gold medal. I could do it by choosing the aggressive setup and decreasing the gas level to 5 liters to make the car lighter in weight. I managed to do my best lap in 1:57:647. Needs some practice for some corners but it's doable. 

On 2/14/2023 at 11:25 AM, nivasan6 said:

Fantastic! I was contemplating on writing a guide, but since you are planning on writing a guide I will share my experiences with the gold medals in career. There is too much outdated or misinformation regarding the gold medals. 

Brands Hatch Test: complete 7 laps in under 11:10, clean laps are not required. (I wanted to do more tests on this since I have seen people claiming to get gold with a time of 11:12) I have done an 11:11 and only got silver. My hypothesis is that sub 11:11 should get a gold medal. I got gold with a time of 11:09. My average lap times were around 1:34. I had one lap of around 1:33 which was not clean and the rest were in the 1:35 and 1:34 range.

Nürburgring Test: sub 2:04 should get a gold. 

Thank you for this useful information about the lap times that you did and needed to get gold medals!

Edited by Mystic_Snake

On 14/2/2023 at 5:25 PM, nivasan6 said:

Brands Hatch Test: complete 7 laps in under 11:10, clean laps are not required. (I wanted to do more tests on this since I have seen people claiming to get gold with a time of 11:12) I have done an 11:11 and only got silver. My hypothesis is that sub 11:11 should get a gold medal. I got gold with a time of 11:09. My average lap times were around 1:34. I had one lap of around 1:33 which was not clean and the rest were in the 1:35 and 1:34 range.

i've done that with all valid laps, 5 laps in 1:33:7 - 1:33:8 and 1 lap in 1:34:2, and the game blasted me with a silver, can't remember total time (which i think it's the only thing which matter) but it's important to go fast from the beginning even during the outlap.

34 minutes ago, Gioz85_ita said:

i've done that with all valid laps, 5 laps in 1:33:7 - 1:33:8 and 1 lap in 1:34:2, and the game blasted me with a silver, can't remember total time (which i think it's the only thing which matter) but it's important to go fast from the beginning even during the outlap.

Are you playing on easy? Those times should have gotten you well under 11:10, unless you did not leave fast enough or went too slow during the outlap.

You make a great point that I forgot to mention. Driving fast during the outlap is key and leaving the pit as fast as you can. As soon as the session starts you can start driving at the 9:55 mark

On 17/2/2023 at 7:47 PM, nivasan6 said:

Are you playing on easy? Those times should have gotten you well under 11:10, unless you did not leave fast enough or went too slow during the outlap.

You make a great point that I forgot to mention. Driving fast during the outlap is key and leaving the pit as fast as you can. As soon as the session starts you can start driving at the 9:55 mark

i was slow during the hotlap, i never pushed with cold tyres and brakes.

EDIT:
today i've done it, someone know if the bug which destroy career rating it's still present because i restarted the event to do that:

Spoiler

n4wUIJt.jpeg

Edited by Gioz85_ita
  • Like 1

On 2/18/2023 at 3:23 AM, Gioz85_ita said:

i was slow during the hotlap, i never pushed with cold tyres and brakes.

EDIT:
today i've done it, someone know if the bug which destroy career rating it's still present because i restarted the event to do that:

Hide contents

n4wUIJt.jpeg

Congratulations on getting this gold medal :) !

I would like to know if you play with a controller or a steering wheel and which setup you use.

I'm struggling to get the gold medal because I can't do each lap with a time of 1:33:XXX. I always do a regular lap time between 1:34:XXX and 1:35:XXX.

I play with a controller because the feeling of driving seems better for me at the moment than my steering wheel (T300RS). But maybe because it's been more than 1 year I didn't use a steering wheel because, in the previous racing games, I played (AC and Project Cars), I used a controller. The last time I use a steering wheel was on GT Sport.

I tried to use the aggressive and the wet setup from the game but can't be faster than I used to do. I even did the setup from the very useful video of Blu3_Angels but again, I'm stuck.

At the moment, I use the restart event because I save on each lap if I feel like I did a good lap time. Hope the restart event doesn't glitch for getting the gold medal.

I did three finished sessions and many tries and this is what I got :

1. Total time: 11:30:XXX - bronze medal
  2. Total time: 11:22:XXX - silver medal
  3. Total time: 11:10:XXX - silver medal

So compared to your total time, I really have to be under 11:10:XXX apparently. 

Edited by Mystic_Snake

thanks, now i'm playing with Fanatec csl DD GT pro 8nm, mclaren V2 + V3 pedals.
i play the pc version since the early acces, i started to play on PS5 to see how it performs because it's "free" on plus extra game list.

for setup i suggest to use the wet and edit settings only if you properly want adjust something.
usually safe setup and wet setup are really good - on the aris youtube channel you can find a lot information by the dev who worked to car handling - , going for aggressive or custom should depends on the feeling.

usually aggressive or faster setup have lower TCS/ABS, lower riding height, lower downforce, more negative camber and higher cold pressure which it's not always faster but can be harder to control (it depends on the car and track because every combination has different setup presets).

P.S. i suggest you to use T300, it's a good steering wheel, edit settings to make the brake input non linear (1.8-2 should be good) so you can control better the brake release to balance the car when cornering (trail braking it's important with these kind of car).

Edited by Gioz85_ita
  • Like 1

On 2/19/2023 at 4:03 PM, Gioz85_ita said:

thanks, now i'm playing with Fanatec csl DD GT pro 8nm, mclaren V2 + V3 pedals.
i play the pc version since the early acces, i started to play on PS5 to see how it performs because it's "free" on plus extra game list.

for setup i suggest to use the wet and edit settings only if you properly want adjust something.
usually safe setup and wet setup are really good - on the aris youtube channel you can find a lot information by the dev who worked to car handling - , going for aggressive or custom should depends on the feeling.

usually aggressive or faster setup have lower TCS/ABS, lower riding height, lower downforce, more negative camber and higher cold pressure which it's not always faster but can be harder to control (it depends on the car and track because every combination has different setup presets).

P.S. i suggest you to use T300, it's a good steering wheel, edit settings to make the brake input non linear (1.8-2 should be good) so you can control better the brake release to balance the car when cornering (trail braking it's important with these kind of car).

Wow, I guess you have an amazing setup there :). One day, I will be able to have a good setup because living in the apartment doesn't help to have a big space :D

From a comparison note, I guess the PC version is smoother than the PS5 version right?

Thanks for your useful tips and I will try to apply them when I will feel that I wanna go back to playing with a steering wheel.

So you know what, because of your message, I realized that I could mix the wet setup with the Blue3_Angels setup and it works. I will edit my message later to give the setup but I could finally get the gold medal! I strongly used the restart event to do a qualifying lap each time and also to not lose my progression. I highly recommend doing that! 

Here's the lap time for each lap I did:

1. 1:33:715
  2. 1:34:080
  3. 1:33:940
  4. 1:33:710
  5. 1:33:692
  6. 1:34:195
  7. 1:34:826
  8. Total time: 11:08:158

So any player who plays with a controller can use this reference to be sure if they will reach the gold medal I played the event online (with an internet connection).

I can confirm that to be able to get the gold medal, you have to beat 7 laps under 11:10:000 on easy difficulty :)

Edited by Mystic_Snake

19 hours ago, Mystic_Snake said:

Wow, I guess you have an amazing setup there :). One day, I will be able to have a good setup because living in the apartment doesn't help to have a big space :D

From a comparison note, I guess the PC version is smoother than the PS5 version right?

Thanks for your useful tips and I will try to apply them when I will feel that I wanna go back to playing with a steering wheel.

So you know what, because of your message, I realized that I could mix the wet setup with the Blue3_Angels setup and it works. I will edit my message later to give the setup but I could finally get the gold medal! I strongly used the restart event to do a qualifying lap each time and also to not lose my progression. I highly recommend doing that! 

So any player who plays with a controller can use this reference to be sure if they will reach the gold medal I played the event online (with an internet connection).

I can confirm that to be able to get the gold medal, you have to beat 7 laps under 11:10:000 on easy difficulty :)

- If you‘re fast enough with your Out Lap, continuous 1:34 lap times are enough.
- In case of any mistakes during the session, restart your session before the session ends, you’re safe towards gold medal.

- Cloud saves only after you made 100% sure, that you‘re overall ranking is still gold, when stepping to the next event

- The platinum trophy is doable with a controller and standard controller settings. Friend of mine is doing it that way, with only one trophy left. 

Let me know how your career is working out. I paused on PS5, due to a couple of bugs affecting career mode since 1.8 update. 

• Like 1

On 21/2/2023 at 8:26 PM, Mystic_Snake said:

great job mate!
i prefer pc version because i can play on 21:9 over 100 fps (depending on video settings and resolution/upscaling) but the game works really good on ps5 in my opinion, the weak point of the console version are crashing issues.