Microsoft's Console MAU average in Europe is 4 million

Rozalia1

https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/account-billing/information-on-average-monthly-active-recipients-of-service-in-the-european-union-0515c3e5-e0c9-4471-9e11-cdbe2bb2f4c3

The above information has come out. Not part of the current deal going on, but likely only coming out due to the deal being such a big event.

For those unaware what this figure is, basically it isn't the total amount of consoles/users but how many are actually spending money on the platform. In this case over a period of the last 6 months and from what I surmise is including the Xbox One also. Now granted, from what I understand if a console player decided to completely avoid the console's store and do all of their shopping on their website then they'd not be counted in the console figure and only the website one... but I would imagine the amount of users who only ever use the website isn't large. This figure also doesn't include the UK to be clear on that, which historically has been Microsoft's number 2 market, though they are apparently doing worse in now.

Now naturally you might ask what are Sony/Nintendo's MAU in Europe. I've not seen a specific number for Europe alone (Sony at the very least has a global one I believe, but I'm not sure if Nintendo cares to bother with it), but if Microsoft's numbers are accurate (questionable as they love to count everything for their own number but discount stuff for Sony's) on that pie chart they broke out recently and it dealt with MAU (likely I'd say) then that would put Sony at 16 million MAU in the EU. The only positive in all of this for Microsoft is that if their revenue numbers are accurate then you could very well say that they have a very dedicated supporter base that spends heavily way more than Sony/Nintendo players on average... but again, Microsoft has cooked the books so often that I'm at the point of even doubting their revenue numbers.

• Like 2