Do you think this method to get the online trophies is legit?

majon36

I think no one mentioned this before but there's a way to earn the online trophies that doesn't require custom servers or CFW.

It's known if you import a saved profile from another user the game will tell you can't win more trophies or pins because it's not yours, but, if you edit your own saved profile by simply replacing a tiny file by the same file from another save that earned the trophies before you could get them.

If someone uses this method to pop every trophy it shouldn't be considered legit (we can check that with the timestamps), but if you use it to get some trophies that are unobtainable it might be.

I'm asking because I'm not really sure if this can be considered legit or not. What do you think?

I'm pretty sure that it mentions somewhere that using another profile/user's save to unlock trophies on your account is considered cheating. Personally, I think this would be cheating as the achievement was completed on another profile - not your own. 

Moreover, I think a general rule of thumb is if the method would be considered cheating if it unlocked every trophy, it is still considered cheating if it unlocked any trophy using that method. In terms of unobtainable online trophies, you'd be flagged pretty quickly for it. 

• Like 1