How do trophies work from ps4 to ps5?

Darghel

Recently got the platinum on ps4, but I decided that since the ps4 version is done I would download and get the ps5 version as well, not only because of trophies but because I still wanna play the game and I do plan to play more of it even after the plat - just will play more casually for a while. 

Case in point, how does the whole ps4 to ps5 trophy work exactly? I noticed some trophies popping out of nowhere, but i would like to know more info about it. And also, it's not an issue if some trophies pop out of order? I'm still new to this whole ps4-ps5 autopops so I just want to avoid possible issues, but i still want to play the game with my old profile for obvious reasons (I don't want to farm the overclocks again!). Thank you in advance for the information!

It kinda depends on how the developer or whoever has programmed it. I got instant Platin on FF7R, Crisis Core and Tony Hawks after starting the game and loading the old save from the cloud(ps4). Didn´t even had to load a specific file. Cyberpunk gave me one random trophy and that´s it. They even stated that there will be no real autopop with cyberpunk but you could prepare save games on key points before getting specific trophies. 

Btw the Save Files are loaded into the cloud via the main menu of the specific game and not via the psplus cloud. 

There are some lists out there where you can check how some of the games behave.

• Like 1