Up to date insane run walkthrough?

TheGreaterMoose

I can't verify this myself, but here's the video I was planning on using for the insane run, as it's the most recent walkthrough: 

Also PS5 Trophies made an update video where he shows the 1.03 tactics - but he only shows the parts of the game where you can possibly die at, and not the parts where you're running to get to those sections (i believe)

• Like 2

On 7/3/2023 at 7:23 AM, APeskyAxolotl said:

I can't verify this myself, but here's the video I was planning on using for the insane run, as it's the most recent walkthrough: 

Thanks, trying this one now will let you know how it goes :) 

On 7/3/2023 at 7:23 AM, APeskyAxolotl said:

Also PS5 Trophies made an update video where he shows the 1.03 tactics - but he only shows the parts of the game where you can possibly die at, and not the parts where you're running to get to those sections (i believe)

Tried this one but without the battery I found it easier with full walkthroughs as I could sort of see where they were going, got lost way too many times with this one.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/3/2023 at 3:14 AM, APeskyAxolotl said:

Happy to help! I will say, though, both of these guides killed me yesterday in the Marta Cart section. I just posted an Alternative Marta Skip that I highly highly highly recommend

That is a good skip, was already using that. Got stuck in the mines just before :( got the entire run down pat now just have to execute 

I'm going to put together how I beat it, it took me many attempts of trial and error to find what I deemed the 'safest' run. I ended up using several different guides as I didn't like how some guides did certain parts of their runs.

1.) I copied Powerpyx until like 33:50 in their video, I died a couple of times trying their handrail drop strategy at 34:25 so I tried another guide.

Powerpyx guide

2.) From 33:50 of Powerpyx's guide onwards I used IFreeMz guide, I never died at that bit again. You can probably get away with using their guide the whole run.

IFreeMz guide

3.) For the Marta encounter at 39:00 of IFreeMz, I instead used the exploit posted by gowruner in another post on this forum. I was sick of dying to Marta. See my comment on the post for how I did it.

gowrunner Marta skip

4.) I found the part in the school where you get jumpscared by the demon at 52:50 of IFreeMz guide to be really inconsistent, sometimes I would waste lots of battery triggering it. Instead just don't use nightvision and keep running up and down the hall. After a minute or two, you will 'take damage' and the door will open. No danger.

5.) For the Nick and Laird encounter, I found this guide by Willy W to be the most consistent, epsecially the bit where you have to dodge their arrows and run, along with getting the hangrope:
Willy W Nick and Laird encounter

6.) For the library encounter, I copied RyRaps path. I kept my nightvision off and flicked it on quickly to copy their pathing.

RyRaps library encounter

7.) BE VERY CAREFUL OF THE JUMP AS 1:48:00 in IFreeMz guide. There seems to be a glitch where you jump across the gap and the shimmy across the wall doesn't register. I made it to this section 4 times and died three times to this. I tried to replicate this in Nightmare difficulty to see what was happening, but even after 20+ jumps I couldn't. It only seemed to happen on Insane difficulty. I don't think there's any way to avoid this glitch if it happens to you. The first clip in AmazingNoeder's compilation shows what I mean.

Outlast 2 jump death glitch

8.) For the encounter with Val in the mines where you need to flick the switches, I used Niktator's guide:
Niktator guide

Edited by lukeyboy8767
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...