Is this game known To have crashing issues?

PotrikBerger

Started playing this today and game crashed hard four times in the prologue. I’m playing disc version on ps5 and it seems if I spend a second too long examining something, it crashes. If my controller turns itself off, the game crashes. If my character stands still for longer than 30 seconds, the game crashes.....and so on.

given the main issue in the other thread here is about a trophy bugging out if you die or turn off game before reaching a pillar, then I’m not feeling to safe about pressing on knowing the game is just waiting for the next time it’s gonna crash.

cant find too much about this problem. Has anyone else encountered this?

I kinda had the same issue when I first started. Crashed at least twice in the prologue, both times when checking out different artifacts in the cabins.

I'm a few chapters in and have been playing for over 5 hours now and have yet to have it crash again since.

I also haven't noticed if any of the trophies are bugged for me, but I'm also not exactly paying attention to it at the moment.

2 hours ago, OmicPunk said:

I kinda had the same issue when I first started. Crashed at least twice in the prologue, both times when checking out different artifacts in the cabins.

I'm a few chapters in and have been playing for over 5 hours now and have yet to have it crash again since.

I also haven't noticed if any of the trophies are bugged for me, but I'm also not exactly paying attention to it at the moment.

Thats reassuring, thanks for reply??

After completing the game, I can confirm that the trophy for scanning all hostile creatures is bugged in a way. I scanned everything but from what other people have noted, the system "forgets" if you die before making it back to one of the save/respawn points. Best idea is to rush back to one immediately after scanning something new. 

If you scan and die, it will still be in the log entries section but it isn't checked internally and you don't have the option to scan it again. Gonna have to start a new run on this game just for this trophy as it was the only one standing between me and the Platinum.  

On 13/03/2023 at 4:51 PM, OmicPunk said:

After completing the game, I can confirm that the trophy for scanning all hostile creatures is bugged in a way. I scanned everything but from what other people have noted, the system "forgets" if you die before making it back to one of the save/respawn points. Best idea is to rush back to one immediately after scanning something new. 

If you scan and die, it will still be in the log entries section but it isn't checked internally and you don't have the option to scan it again. Gonna have to start a new run on this game just for this trophy as it was the only one standing between me and the Platinum.  

Yeah, I’ve completed the game and haven’t got either of the scanning trophies, even though I thought I was extra careful not to die after scanning. It must have been something very early in in the game, maybe in the first half hour even. So frustrating, don’t really wanna play through this again for these two trophies.... may just wait a bit and see if a patch sorts this out in the future....

....have contacted the devs, and they replied really quickly. D30 Patch is coming to address this issue specifically at the end of March, but obviously for people like me who have already completed the game, only option is to replay game to pick these up.

Edited by PotrikBerger
Update