Easy way to achieve the trophy "Hat-trick"

VeganVermithor

2 hours ago, Rainbow Dash said:

I wondered about this myself, but I'm glad one handed mode counts. What songs do you recommend for this? (I don't think Legends Never Die will count though as it's an "experience") - Still, I love this game in general and I'd love to 100% it. 

It literally doesn't matter. I was in the middle of doing all the songs in the original song package, so I just did the next three I had to do on master. It's as easy as perfecting a normal or easy song two handed.

And I don't know the specific song you mentioned, but every song that has a master setting should count. Some only go to the previous difficulty level.

12 minutes ago, OMG_ThisIsSoEz said:

It literally doesn't matter. I was in the middle of doing all the songs in the original song package, so I just did the next three I had to do on master. It's as easy as perfecting a normal or easy song two handed.

And I don't know the specific song you mentioned, but every song that has a master setting should count. Some only go to the previous difficulty level.

Ah okay thanks! Just wanted to be sure. I'll try it out on my next session.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/03/2023 at 3:53 PM, OMG_ThisIsSoEz said:

Hey peeps,

I noticed lots of people have 9/10 trophies for this game, with the offender being the "Hat-trick" trophy for finishing 3 perfect songs on master. I completed the PS4 version the regular way eventually, but luckily, while trying on PS5 I decided to explore the settings, because I got lots of weird tracking issues and switching to 2D etc.

What I found was a massive trick to this trophy:

Turn on one handed mode. Now only one line of notes spawns in the song, making perfect master runs trivial. The trophy doesn't get voided doing this. GLHF!

I finally got round to trying this on an alt account today and it worked a treat. Can’t wait to 100% on my main account. 

Edit: I did it on my main account and ended up being the fastest completion achiever so far - Single Status Update from 04/11/23 by Rainbow Dash - PSNProfiles

Edited by Rainbow Dash
  • Like 2

• 4 months later...
On 4/10/2023 at 5:34 AM, Zipp Storm said:

I finally got round to trying this on an alt account today and it worked a treat. Can’t wait to 100% on my main account. 

Edit: I did it on my main account and ended up being the fastest completion achiever so far - Single Status Update from 04/11/23 by Rainbow Dash - PSNProfiles

I've turned on one-note mode, but I will still get hit with the "hands together" note. I've noticed I can still only use one-hand and I don't drop my combo. Do you remember if hitting the "hands together" note with one hand caused any issues?

I'm really liking this game! I love synthwave music and there are some absolute bangers on here!

49 minutes ago, iamthedotcom said:

I've turned on one-note mode, but I will still get hit with the "hands together" note. I've noticed I can still only use one-hand and I don't drop my combo. Do you remember if hitting the "hands together" note with one hand caused any issues?

I'm really liking this game! I love synthwave music and there are some absolute bangers on here!

Oh the gold notes? You'll still need to hit those with 2 hands but the rest are one handed, although the green notes sometimes catch you out so I'd recommend having one hand in front of the other for those if possible. But yeah, the "hands together" note as you call it, I don't remember using one hand for those. I'm probably thinking of the gold ones tbh. But yeah, it's been a little while since I played. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Zipp Storm said:

Oh the gold notes? You'll still need to hit those with 2 hands but the rest are one handed, although the green notes sometimes catch you out so I'd recommend having one hand in front of the other for those if possible. But yeah, the "hands together" note as you call it, I don't remember using one hand for those. I'm probably thinking of the gold ones tbh. But yeah, it's been a little while since I played. 

Thanks for the quick reply! Sorry, I didn't want to list their color because I had to change the color scheme to differentiate all the notes. I'm massively color blind (I see about 2-4% of the color wheel) and their default color scheme was like trying to understand ancient Egyptian 😀

Not using two hands was definitely causing the issue on my side. It will let you keep your combo but won't display "Perfect" at the end despite not breaking the chain. Once I started using two hands, I was able to get the Hat Trick trophy. 

2 hours ago, iamthedotcom said:

Thanks for the quick reply! Sorry, I didn't want to list their color because I had to change the color scheme to differentiate all the notes. I'm massively color blind (I see about 2-4% of the color wheel) and their default color scheme was like trying to understand ancient Egyptian 😀

Not using two hands was definitely causing the issue on my side. It will let you keep your combo but won't display "Perfect" at the end despite not breaking the chain. Once I started using two hands, I was able to get the Hat Trick trophy. 

Ah! My bad, I was not aware of you being colourblind. I know you’re playing on the PSVR 2 version and having 100%’d that version, I will say that there are notes which still require 2 hands but still, congrats on unlocking the trophy either way.

I don’t know what it’s like to be colourblind so I can’t step into your shoes so to speak and even try to understand how you see the world or the game, but yeah I know there is settings you can change for colourblindness so that’s a big part of the accessibility and honestly, we need more games like that.

Apologies, I didn’t mean to go off on a tangent like that haha. I did notice that you are missing the Developer Challenge trophy as of now but thankfully the hardest part is over now. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zipp Storm said:

Ah! My bad, I was not aware of you being colourblind. I know you’re playing on the PSVR 2 version and having 100%’d that version, I will say that there are notes which still require 2 hands but still, congrats on unlocking the trophy either way.

I don’t know what it’s like to be colourblind so I can’t step into your shoes so to speak and even try to understand how you see the world or the game, but yeah I know there is settings you can change for colourblindness so that’s a big part of the accessibility and honestly, we need more games like that.

Apologies, I didn’t mean to go off on a tangent like that haha. I did notice that you are missing the Developer Challenge trophy as of now but thankfully the hardest part is over now. 

No worries at all, no way you could have known. I don't even really notice until I have to describe something by color, then I have to scramble and make up terms like "hands together" note 😄

Yeah, heard part is over for sure. Just have to wait until a developer challenge is available. Then I get to just play the game for fun! It is a good work out and the music is awesome. 

On topic: A tip I used to get the trophy.

• I used the filter function to sort/filter songs based on BPM. Then I went down the list and looked for songs with the lowest note count I could find. I would say the best indication of how easy a song on one-hand mode will be is directly tied to its total number of notes. On average, the lower the number the easier it was. 

On 9/5/2023 at 10:29 AM, Zipp Storm said:

@Zipp Storm sorry to reach out again, but do you know how often they release developer challenges? It always says none are available. 

@anyone else, same question. I see people have got the trophy last month, but I haven’t seen a challenge appear that I could try. 

Edit: Hello all! I figured it out. Not only could I not access any challenges, but I also couldn't see leaderboard data. For some reason bypassing my router and plugging my PS5 directly into the modem fixed the problem. I restarted my console and when I loaded the game back up, I could immediately see leaderboard and challenge data. 

Since I'm making an edit to the post, I thought I'd share something about getting Hat Trick that I found on Reddit.

• "Set the Play Area Scaling in the Calibration settings to 1X. This puts the targets all closer together so it’s easier to move from one to the next."

I haven't tried this to confirm, but I thought I'd share for future generations who play this game 😄

Edited by iamthedotcom