Crew Contracts XP Exploit

LucasDiasC

So, after starting this game a few hours ago I think I may've stumbled across an exploit regarding the rewards given upon completing contracts, more specifically the Crew ones. I just started the game so no prior testing was done and I have no idea how reproducible this actually is, I'm just gonna explain my exact steps so anyone can try and trigger it as well.

If you remember that Dragon Ball FighterZ currency exploit, it's kinda the same, except I'm not really sure what causes it to loop and keep giving you the reward. But I've been getting the same 5 Crew Contract completions after every match (even lost ones), which grants a total 10K XP every match (2k per contract).

This is what I did prior to the glitch happening (again I'm not sure what is or isn't necessary)

- This was my first time playing or even opening the game, so I just used my already existing Epic acc to log.

- Grouped up in a team with a friend who also just started the game.

- Joined the Crew he created, so we could progress towards those contracts.

- We then played a couple matches, and received an invitation for another crew from another player after one of those matches.

- A message said we would lose our current Crew progress, but since we just started and it looks like those crew missions have shared progress between members, we found it would be beneficial to join this more populated crew, so we did.

- After another match or two the trophy for completing 30 Crew Contracts popped, which I didn't think was too crazy because maybe it counted progress from past contracts that were completed before I joined.

- But here is where the funny stuff began, after each match I get the same 5 crew contract completions showing on screen, and rewarding both of us 10k XP after every match. This is what it looks like:

yi0fLEj.png

Some things to note:

- I'm not actually receiving all that XP, because my Level is not going up all that much. In fact, I always see the same loop on my Street Rank, going from around Lv.8 all the way to 16 every match. But those 5 contract completions are counting towards the XP trophies, I can confirm that because it shows in-game, and also because I already got the 50k and 100k ones.

- My friend was also getting the same XP loops, but he had a disconnection and after coming back it stopped working for him, we didn't try to trigger it again yet but it still works for me (I didn't leave the game yet as I'm writing this)

- This specific Crew I joined had already completed every current Crew Contract available (they will reset in 2 days), which are exactly the ones I'm being rewarded for after matches, as the screenshot above shows.

So yea, you can potentially get the 250k XP trophy in just 25 matches if possible to replicate this glitch, I know there are other grindy trophies but if one were to boost those in 1v1, I believe this exploit could save some considerable time for the plat.

Edit: Another friend was already able to reproduce this and get the 250k XP in just a few hours, it works. Also, you get 5 normal/crew contracts each time, unlocking :bronze: Career Brawler and :bronze: Crew Completer along the way to :gold: Welcome to the Big Leagues

Edited by LucasDiasC
added info
  • Like 1

It’s a known glitch and it’s very helpful as Crew Completer is naturally a grindy trophy. I’ve been told this exploit triggers if the crew you join has (a) The crew contracts completed for the week or (b) Someone in the group has the Crew Completer trophy.

Not sure which one of these is more true, I assume it’s option (a) as the exact same thing happened to one of our new members when we had already completed the week’s contracts.

If someone here feels dirty using OP’s exploit or if it simply doesn’t work, there’s another way to obtain the Crew Completer trophy but it requires putting in effort. You’d have to create a crew, complete as many easy contracts as possible, leave the crew and repeat - it all counts in the end.

As it stands it should take just over a month to pop the trophy naturally, but with the grindy exploit you could potentially earn it in a week or less - depends how much time you're willing to invest.

• Like 1