Connection issues

WaddysWDS

9 hours ago, REV_300 said:

I have this same issue. May I know where did you accept the terms and conditions?

After spending almost a whole morning trying to connect to my 3 PS3's, I finally asked a friend to try to connect my account to his PS3, he couldn't connect either, he got the same error.

I didn't know what to do anymore, I logged into my EA account to check that everything was fine regarding the link between EA and my PSN account (it really had nothing to do with it, but I didn't know what to do anymore), after doing this, I went back I tried to connect to my PS3 online again and PUM!, the Terms and Conditions form appeared, I accepted it quickly and I was able to connect without problems.

PD: A friend had the same problem, apparently if you have to enter your EA account associated with your PSN account and reset the access credentials.

Edited by WaddysWDS
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, WaddysWDS said:

After spending almost a whole morning trying to connect to my 3 PS3's, I finally asked a friend to try to connect my account to his PS3, he couldn't connect either, he got the same error.

I didn't know what to do anymore, I logged into my EA account to check that everything was fine regarding the link between EA and my PSN account (it really had nothing to do with it, but I didn't know what to do anymore), after doing this, I went back I tried to connect to my PS3 online again and PUM!, the Terms and Conditions form appeared, I accepted it quickly and I was able to connect without problems.

PD: A friend had the same problem, apparently if you have to enter your EA account associated with your PSN account and reset the access credentials.

Just as I guess. I have problem linking my PSN ID to EA account as it keeps saying my "credentials had expired, please reset password."

I had reset it a few times but still can't link. I have already emailed EA and awaiting for them to resolve the issue. I read about this issue and apparently it started around 2020-2021 period and is a wide spread issue around the world. If EA can't resolve my issue I will never buy and play any EA games again as I will never be able to access any online content.

54 minutes ago, REV_300 said:

Just as I guess. I have problem linking my PSN ID to EA account as it keeps saying my "credentials had expired, please reset password."

I had reset it a few times but still can't link. I have already emailed EA and awaiting for them to resolve the issue. I read about this issue and apparently it started around 2020-2021 period and is a wide spread issue around the world. If EA can't resolve my issue I will never buy and play any EA games again as I will never be able to access any online content.

Is it possible you have a different email attached to your PSN account than you did when playing other EA games in the past? If so then contacting support to change it should be the solution. This is what my friend needed to do when we played It Takes Two recently. He also hadn’t touched an EA game in over 11 years with a much older email on his PSN during that time.

3 hours ago, MATTKBAN said:

Is it possible you have a different email attached to your PSN account than you did when playing other EA games in the past? If so then contacting support to change it should be the solution. This is what my friend needed to do when we played It Takes Two recently. He also hadn’t touched an EA game in over 11 years with a much older email on his PSN during that time.

Yes I had emailed EA regarding the issue but they are SLOW.

Day 1, they asked me a few questions regarding my account. Answered them.

Day 2, sent a code to me and asked me to reply with code to verify my account. Replied them.

Day 3, ??? as haven't day 3 yet.

Why can't they resolve this simple issue in a day or two?

20 hours ago, REV_300 said:

Yes I had emailed EA regarding the issue but they are SLOW.

Day 2, sent a code to me and asked me to reply with code to verify my account. Replied them.

Day 3, ??? as haven't day 3 yet.

Why can't they resolve this simple issue in a day or two?

Do they have a help text chat message type option? The one night my friend was able to contact and have it fixed right away.

58 minutes ago, MATTKBAN said:

Do they have a help text chat message type option? The one night my friend was able to contact and have it fixed right away.

I can't find any text chat option that's why I have to email them. To update:

Day 3, they said my platform is linked to another EA account which I don't remember ever creating. So they asked if I want to unlink that account. I replied yes and hopefully after that can link to my current EA account.

Day 4, ??? as haven't day 4 yet.

I can only think that I might have change my PSN ID email address before and that might be causing a screw up, but don't think so as it was quite some time back and I was able to log in to other EA games online mode 3 years ago. It takes them 1 day to do 1 step. What a drag just to play online mode in EA games!

Edited by REV_300

Another day of update:

Day 3, they said my platform is linked to another EA account which I don't remember ever creating. So they asked if I want to unlink that account. I replied yes and hopefully after that can link to my current EA account.

Day 4, tells me all the things that will happen if I unlink my account e.g. losing games entitlement, game progress, blah blah blah and ask me if I still want to continue to unlink my account. Replied yes and get it done ASAP! Even asked for text chat so can get it done straight away.

Day 5, ??? as haven't day 5 yet.

This is terrible. 1 day to do 1 step, and some are repeats. If EA can't resolve this after all these wasted time and effort I am not going to play or buy another EA game!

Another day of update:

Day 4, tells me all the things that will happen if I unlink my account e.g. losing games entitlement, game progress, blah blah blah and ask me if I still want to continue to unlink my account. Replied yes and get it done ASAP! Even asked for text chat so can get it done straight away. But no respond.

Day 5, tells me my PSN ID has been unlinked from my old EA account, and I can finally link it to my new EA account and get it working again!

I just googled and noticed the live chat option is available right at the beginning when you created a case. Should have chosen that instead. DO NOT USE EMAIL OPTION IF YOU WANT TO RESOLVE IT FAST! Hope my experience with this issue will help those who have similar problem in the future. Now to start boosting Syndicate! Anyone wanna help me? ?

I do not know if it is related to concerns and problems you guys have been having, but I remember (not distinctively though) that if you have accepted terms and conditions while playing an older EA game (that is, Orange Box, Medal of Honor: Airborne, Mirror's Edge) it overrides something in your EA account. Not sure but it might be related?

On another note, I also had to unlink my original e-mail with my EA account while boosting Medal of Honor Warfighter before the server closure, hopefully that does not create any connection issues when playing this game.

Edited by Fiercethetear