60 FPS Patch is out!!

wamaxa

5 hours ago, Dooleh_404 said:

I have a question.

The game runs perfect at 60fps for me, but the fidelity mode is so stuttery at 30fps, and drops frames on the starter island when I spin the camera around full speed. So my question is, is my PS5 somehow breaking (asking because of weird texture shimmering in PS4 version of GTA V), or is the fidelity mode just absolutely horrendous for others?

I'm asking because I've seen people say it's a clean 30 without drops, some said they even thought fidelity framerate was unlocked and went up to 60, but for me it's very obvious it's a 30fps cap, and when I spin the camera it drops so many frames, it's absolutely disgusting... I've looked at youtube videos, and while I see some drops in gameplay, it might be the youtube compression, so I can't really tell since nobody is standing still and spinning the camera around.

The game does have motion blur on as default for camera control and it was so off-putting and juddery that I turned it off within a minute of playing. Wouldn't have kept playing if there hadn't been an option to disable it.

Granted, this was on a PS4 at launch but turning it off might help.

5 hours ago, AgentSmiz said:

The game does have motion blur on as default for camera control and it was so off-putting and juddery that I turned it off within a minute of playing. Wouldn't have kept playing if there hadn't been an option to disable it.

Granted, this was on a PS4 at launch but turning it off might help.

Nothing makes it stutter less in fidelity mode for me, and also I spoke too soon about the 60fps patch being perfect, it drops frames too, just not on the starter island, and not as much as the 30fps mode. Either the game is really badly programmed, or my PS5 needs a liquid metal refresh. I'm launching Spider-man now to see if it starts stuttering after a while, there is no way Tchia is more taxing on the console than PS5 version of Spider-man with ray tracing on.