Online trophies required for 100%?

I'm new to this game and know that a lot of these trophies need to be done in either online or offline co-op. However; I've noticed some of the other trophies appear to be relating to scoreboards... namely 'Golden Boy.' Does that mean it's tied to an online leaderboard or will the 100% always be possible, even when servers go down? Thanks.

I believe that's tied to just getting the amount of 'bubbles" (i forget what theyre called) to get the gold achievement on the level. It's not a specifically online tied trophy so this should be possible even when the servers go down in 10+ years lol

You can get all the multiplayer trophies using a second controller. Golden boy just means you gotta get gold on 50 different levels which you can do solo. I think is just requires an online connection (not sure exactly).

It can be done 100% offline (some would need a second controller).  Golden Boy just means to get gold on all the objectives for the level.  The 3 things you must do on the 50 levels is "Ace" (don't die), collect all prize bubbles/trials cubes (there are only a few per level unlike past LBP games) and finally you must beat the "Gold" score for the level.  Most the scores are pretty easy with only a handful that might prove a challenge.  I'm pretty sure trials count for the 50 so this would be an easy 16 levels to get gold.  Only the 16th might prove a minor challenge (I can help with this if anyone needs it).

If playing with a second controller you can just press "R3" to make the other player helicopter around the level.  This works on most normal levels (the forced scrolling/riding levels it doesn't work), but not on the co-op only levels.

• Like 3

There’s 11 multiplayer (Couch co-op or Online) trophies to earn which require you to High five, smack, steal a trophy, finish 1 teamwork level,  beat the final boss, first on Scoreboard for bubbles and bells 20 times each and you also have to Ace (no-death) 10 levels in co-op. It’s all pretty easily doable with a good partner or a second controller.

The hardest part of the Platinum is finding Gerald all 9 times, 50 Gold Scores, 30 Aced levels, Gold on Ripsnorter and finishing Wonderplane.

Wonderplane requires 275 dream orbs to unlock the final stage which is a lot more than you’ll get by just playing naturally without exploring. I had every orb in the first 3 worlds and most of them in Worlds 4 and 5 and still barely had 275 orbs.

Ripsnorter (Trial 16) is a potential Platinum blocker too, anyone stating it’s anything other than ball breakingly hard is lying to you 

12 minutes ago, Oberlin1694 said:

There’s 11 multiplayer (Couch co-op or Online) trophies to earn which require you to High five, smack, steal a trophy, finish 1 teamwork level,  beat the final boss, first on Scoreboard for bubbles and bells 20 times each and you also have to Ace (no-death) 10 levels in co-op. It’s all pretty easily doable with a good partner or a second controller.

The hardest part of the Platinum is finding Gerald all 9 times, 50 Gold Scores, 30 Aced levels, Gold on Ripsnorter and finishing Wonderplane.

Wonderplane requires 275 dream orbs to unlock the final stage which is a lot more than you’ll get by just playing naturally without exploring. I had every orb in the first 3 worlds and most of them in Worlds 4 and 5 and still barely had 275 orbs.

Ripsnorter (Trial 16) is a potential Platinum blocker too, anyone stating it’s anything other than ball breakingly hard is lying to you 

Ripsnorter isn't that hard.  Remember you have access to all 15 trials to practice as much as you want.  It just takes a little practice and dedication.  I'd say if you can complete each individual trial perfectly 5-10 times in a row without failing you should be ready.  I'd practice the trials you are least confident closer to 10 times.

From all my experience helping others with this trophy I see most people fail on trial 8/crabs,12/spinners and 13/beams when attempting the ripsnorter.  The 10 minutes is extremely generous and you would almost have to try to both complete the trial and not get gold.  I don't think I've ever seen anyone fail due to time.  You can earn back at least 1 to 1.5 minutes in the final section.

Keep in mind the trials are not random, they are always the same (trial 1 is slightly different, but close enough).  So once you get the pattern down you simply approach that section the same way each time.

What helps me the most is I am always looking ahead as far as the screen will allow.  This way I have a good understanding of the timing for the obstacles I'm about to encounter.

2 hours ago, WimpyBadger said:

Ripsnorter isn't that hard.  Remember you have access to all 15 trials to practice as much as you want.  It just takes a little practice and dedication.  I'd say if you can complete each individual trial perfectly 5-10 times in a row without failing you should be ready.  I'd practice the trials you are least confident closer to 10 times.

From all my experience helping others with this trophy I see most people fail on trial 8/crabs,12/spinners and 13/beams when attempting the ripsnorter.  The 10 minutes is extremely generous and you would almost have to try to both complete the trial and not get gold.  I don't think I've ever seen anyone fail due to time.  You can earn back at least 1 to 1.5 minutes in the final section.

Keep in mind the trials are not random, they are always the same (trial 1 is slightly different, but close enough).  So once you get the pattern down you simply approach that section the same way each time.

What helps me the most is I am always looking ahead as far as the screen will allow.  This way I have a good understanding of the timing for the obstacles I'm about to encounter.

The game is really chill and nice, it's a good de-stresser, but it's just hard truth that there is quite a big difficulty spike at the end. That's all. It's doable, but it depends on how much experience you have with platformers. There is a reason why this game has less than 15% plat rate. Less than any of From Software games, and that reason is that difficulty spike. Just because you don't find it as bad doesn't mean others do. I spent hours upon hours practicing and trying the challenges. I am just glad both plats are behind me 

On 10/04/2023 at 4:57 PM, ArtMontef said:

The game is really chill and nice, it's a good de-stresser, but it's just hard truth that there is quite a big difficulty spike at the end. That's all. It's doable, but it depends on how much experience you have with platformers. There is a reason why this game has less than 15% plat rate. Less than any of From Software games, and that reason is that difficulty spike. Just because you don't find it as bad doesn't mean others do. I spent hours upon hours practicing and trying the challenges. I am just glad both plats are behind me 

Aye anyone trying to state the Platinum isn’t difficult I’d honestly just lying to themselves.

For the average player Gold on Ripsnorter isn’t going to be doable, or they’ll lose patience and give up long before they manage to do it.

Its demoralising to play it for 10 minutes at a time just to lose in one of the final stages, and I can imagine the Platinum rate will go even lower now it’s on Plus as most people just won’t have it in them to persevere with it.

Other trophies could also pose issues like 30 Ace’s, 10 co-op Ace’s, beating the final world’s levels etc.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11.04.2023 at 11:38 PM, Oberlin1694 said:

Aye anyone trying to state the Platinum isn’t difficult I’d honestly just lying to themselves.

For the average player Gold on Ripsnorter isn’t going to be doable, or they’ll lose patience and give up long before they manage to do it.

Its demoralising to play it for 10 minutes at a time just to lose in one of the final stages, and I can imagine the Platinum rate will go even lower now it’s on Plus as most people just won’t have it in them to persevere with it.

Other trophies could also pose issues like 30 Ace’s, 10 co-op Ace’s, beating the final world’s levels etc.

Agreed. Tha game is harder for average player than people give it credit for. Also I saw alot of people judge the game only by its first worlds, which is so baffingly stupid. Few of the last levels are genuinely hard. Sure, maybe not hair-pulling-malding hard, but they are no breeze either. 

I feel we should have some sort of voting system for difficulty on games.