PS5 Hard Crashing

Wes-709

I recently bought gran turismo 7 and I have had a lot of crashing issues. My PS5 will freeze and show a blue light before turning off and when I turn it back on it says an error occurred with the system software or the game. Then it tells me to update the game and the system software. This issue has not occurred in any other game besides gran turismo. I reinstalled the game and cleaned the dust off of my PS5. I still have the issue. Does anyone know how to fix this? I am confused.

1 hour ago, Wes-709 said:

I recently bought gran turismo 7 and I have had a lot of crashing issues. My PS5 will freeze and show a blue light before turning off and when I turn it back on it says an error occurred with the system software or the game. Then it tells me to update the game and the system software. This issue has not occurred in any other game besides gran turismo. I reinstalled the game and cleaned the dust off of my PS5. I still have the issue. Does anyone know how to fix this? I am confused.

Your PS5 might be overheating when playing more demanding games, such as Gran Turismo 7.

If it is still under warranty, you can send it in for repair. If not, try cleaning the dust off the PS5 yourself or have somebody do it for you.

P.S. I cover my console with a piece of cloth when I'm not playing on it in order to prevent dust from clogging up. Mayhaps you can try that as well.

7 hours ago, zizimonster said:

Your PS5 might be overheating when playing more demanding games, such as Gran Turismo 7.

If it is still under warranty, you can send it in for repair. If not, try cleaning the dust off the PS5 yourself or have somebody do it for you.

P.S. I cover my console with a piece of cloth when I'm not playing on it in order to prevent dust from clogging up. Mayhaps you can try that as well.

I'll try cleaning it again, but the console feels cool when I touch it and feel the air every time it crashes.

• Like 1