OnLive available on tablets and smart phones

Dreakon139

OnLive launched its on-demand game-streaming service as an application for the Windows and Mac operating systems last year. Since then, the company has released a dedicated console for the service, allowing for play directly on a TV. The list of gameplay-supporting devices is about to expand yet again, with today's announcement that OnLive will be launching a new application for tablets and phones.

The new OnLive app is available for Android devices now and expected to launch for iOS products soon. Although previous reports revealed that the OnLive mobile app would allow games to be played using a new wireless controller or onscreen virtual controls, OnLive announced today that 25 titles have been specifically optimized for touch input. Reworked titles include L.A. Noire, LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 and 5-7, and Defense Grid Gold.

Source: http://www.gamespot....op%3Bstory%3B10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gbt799xIRJk

Next best thing to the Playstation Vita? ;)

Speaking as someone who has never really owned a high-end PC, I think OnLive is absolutely incredible. It goes against everything we as gamers should have (no-DRM, physically owning games, not needing a persistent internet connection to play, etc)... but in the end, you can play LA Noire and Batman Arkham Asylum on your freakin' phone! Isn't that amazing?!

EDIT: Played 30-minute trials of Arkham City and Saints Row 3 free on my crappy laptop last night. Granted my wireless connection is pretty damn fast, it played almost as smooth as if I were playing it au natural. Pretty impressive honestly, it's come a ways since I last tried it. The games loaded instantly, played smooth and another user even popped in to spectate as I play (you can pop in and spectate other people playing games live, kinda cool for scoping out games quick to see how they look and play).