How does matchmaking work in Hazard Zone?

Aruberikku

First off hey lol, we were playing together a couple hours ago. And second I would assume it does take the squad leader's location into consideration mainly. Though I did get matched in a lobby with 2 other boosting squad mates where both leaders were Eu and I am from the US (we had crossplay off). 

Yesterday we've tried to play with 3 full squads. Crossplay off, captains all EU and 2 teams were in empty lobby and third team was also in empty lobby... EA servers...

This trophy wouldnt be so bad If You could play with 4 ppl against PS5 players... But it seems either nobody plays this mode or EA servers sucks. 

you def have to turn crossplay on, and dont play at night because nobody will be on. daytime and weekend it fills up fairly decently. ive seen bots in matches on both ps4 and ps5 and ive never figured out if those were fillers after the required amount is hit to start or if they replace people who leave the match. i swear on ps4 ive had a few matches where i saw nothing but ai

5 hours ago, melodicmizery said:

ive seen bots in matches on both ps4 and ps5 and ive never figured out if those were fillers after the required amount is hit to start or if they replace people who leave the match. i swear on ps4 ive had a few matches where i saw nothing but ai

The bots are only there just to protect the data drives. Always see them parachuting down and doubt they fill space when real players die/leave the match. If you saw nothing but AI in a match that means all the other squads were wiped. You can check what squads are alive and how many in game (though they'll show up as unknown).