Level 29 Pistol Start, No saves on Nightmare

Wild-Arms-R

• 5 months later...
2 hours ago, Shadow-30031989 said:

That was insanely awesome! You are good mate

Thank you very much my good man.

I may not have the best trophy list but sometimes I surprise myself and do clutch shit. 😅

Btw I haven't mention this before but I think if you run the route in this video(not necessarily go pistol start) I believe it makes it highly likely that the run to the exit is free.

Because killing the chain gunners in the plazma gun room spawns them far away so they can't shoot you while you go up the hill.

Edited by Wild-Arms-R

21 hours ago, Wild-Arms-R said:

Thank you very much my good man.

I may not have the best trophy list but sometimes I surprise myself and do clutch shit. 😅

Btw I haven't mention this before but I think if you run the route in this video(not necessarily go pistol start) I believe it makes it highly likely that the run to the exit is free.

Because killing the chain gunners in the plazma gun room spawns them far away so they can't shoot you while you go up the hill.

I've done a few hard platinums and 100% already and few of them were impossible for me on first sight, but time, patience and being stubborn do the job and in time and practice a lot can be accomplished :) right now I did Doom 1 platinum recently and now I try this one, but after this I'm going back to Super Meat Boy to practice the last no death run and claim my platinum :D

I tried going through the chasm with plasma gun, but unfortunately the chaingunners respawn there. I'll still try my best though :) thanks for advice and the video :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/20/2023 at 4:58 AM, Wild-Arms-R said:

Very much patched.

Doing it without being on the lastest update would be very moot.

I don't recommend it if your actually going for the trophy.

Btw I completed the Nightmare trophy today and honestly, I absolutely could not do the strat that you developed.  It was extremely difficult, bordering on insanity.  So I just kept running Map 28 - Map 29 for a few days until I got a run where I hit all the switches, but died at the end.  From there, I paused the game and waited for another player to get on SharePlay and he helped me to brute force the end.  That part took almost 30 minutes. 

In any case, I'm just glad it's over 🤮

• Like 1

19 hours ago, nino_mustdie said:

Btw I completed the Nightmare trophy today and honestly, I absolutely could not do the strat that you developed.  It was extremely difficult, bordering on insanity.  So I just kept running Map 28 - Map 29 for a few days until I got a run where I hit all the switches, but died at the end.  From there, I paused the game and waited for another player to get on SharePlay and he helped me to brute force the end.  That part took almost 30 minutes. 

In any case, I'm just glad it's over 🤮

You can actually do that?

That's the 1st time I've ever heard anyone being able to run tru map 29 naked.

Congrats for pulling it off either way and yes it's hard as fuck to beat level 29 with or without the bfg.

I think it took me around 6-8 hrs my 1st time and there were moments that's I thought it was impossible.

@Wild-Arms-R Yes, you can definitely brute force your way to the end after you've hit all the switches.  The video I posted here gives an example of that: he hits all the switches but dies before getting onto the final teleporter (around the 32:30 mark).  Then he just keeps running, and running, and running, until he gets it. 

My run played out the same way and it took me almost 30 minutes after hitting the final switch. 

Anyways, we're off topic here now this thread is about getting through Map 29 with a pistol.  I'm hoping someone can use your strat to get this completed.  It'd be some true Doom Slayer skills if someone did.

EDIT: The player's successful run in the video starts at the 45:00 mark

Edited by nino_mustdie
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, nino_mustdie said:

@Wild-Arms-R Yes, you can definitely brute force your way to the end after you've hit all the switches.  The video I posted here gives an example of that: he hits all the switches but dies before getting onto the final teleporter (around the 32:30 mark).  Then he just keeps running, and running, and running, until he gets it. 

My run played out the same way and it took me almost 30 minutes after hitting the final switch. 

Anyways, we're off topic here now this thread is about getting through Map 29 with a pistol.  I'm hoping someone can use your strat to get this completed.  It'd be some true Doom Slayer skills if someone did.

EDIT: The player's successful run in the video starts at the 45:00 mark

Nah dude it's cool if you get off topic, because that's actually really good information to relay.

I had no idea you could brute Force tru lv29.

Being able to do that would be big.

See normally just making it half way tru that garuling gauntlet would be a task n a half but most ppl take hrs to just consistently hit all 3 switch's let alone make it to the top of the hill and exist.

Big thumbs up from me for this, I've obviously made Doom 2 my bitch at this point(or had it make me it's)

But I'm sure that will take load off alot of ppls mind when tackling this monster plat.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/13/2024 at 11:37 PM, KingRico91 said:

You can force it, I finally managed it after 9 hours and 2 game crashes, you need perseverance and a nose of steel. But it is doable.

Bruh, you forced Mission 29 solo?  😬  How many attempts and how long was the successful attempt?

I sat down every evening for 3 days at level 29 for about 3 hours. I don't know how many attempts, you don't count it even in this stressful situation. The last attempt took almost 90 minutes. In the end you just try to run to the end. After too many deaths and about 2 hours the game crashed, which is pretty annoying. I had the situation twice just to run to the goal and that's exactly where it crashed

How do you pin another post like you did to mine?

Edited by KingRico91