Will combat eventually feel less clunky?

TrebleTech

So, I recently started playing and am still very early in the game. The exploration and atmosphere is great, but so far combat has felt incredibly dull and has mostly consisted of backing up and shooting at enemies as they powerwalk towards me. If they get close, I perfect block once or twice if needed and then sprint away for some distance again because melee feels next to useless. And even at range with all three elements, all my options seem to be "shoot in a line". Or enemies just die in a couple arrows.

I am at the point where I have fought a couple of the Kuchisake, which seem like they are supposed to be the first decent challenge, but they just kind of felt like more of the same. I know the recent update added a bit more content, so with that and later-game abilities, is there anything that will eventually breathe a bit more life into the combat? I've heard that the game is pretty easy, so I know it may not ever be much of a challenge, I'm mostly just looking for anything that will add a bit of variety.

• Like 1

That is just how the game is, it definitely lacks in the combat aspect but the atmosphere is good I agree, as for anything that will breathe more life into the combat. they did add some new ability's using different types of powers you have by pressing R3 after charging said ability up which helps but it isn't a combat overhaul or anything.

• Like 1

Yeah the combat does not feel great. It's really odd because they got some of the lead Doom combat devs to work on this game, but it didn't quite result in the feeling of Doom combat, which generally feels really direct and smooth. This just feels so unresponsive.

• Like 1