How I got the Hunter trophy and other 6 glitched trophies

macross0145

Making this post so I won’t get bombed with IM on how I did it.  So it appears I got lucky after multiple retries (ie deleting the save, the game, and reinstalling with the patch).  I even played the game non patched and seeing how odd they took away PS buttons like triangle appearing at Wisecrock’s totems.  How I did it is still odd as my stat “count” didn’t tally 1800.  And yes, the 7 stat trophies are glitched.

Hopefully this works for you, but I played the game patched (v1.01), used the 1st gator (lava gator), trying to focus only on “hunting” animals and not eating them.  Played a few missions to gain experience.  Lure and ate birds to replenish health.  Ate hoomans when I could so I don’t tally any “eat” animals max out and gave most health.  In other words, I wanted the game to see I focused on hunting.

I did a mix of hunting:

- Maxed out hunt 250 frogs

- Focused on rats, crabs, and scorpions

- Whatever around like ducks, rabbits, etc.  Again my stats tally was ~1650 something before the trophy popped on my screen.

IF the other trophies don’t pop in your same save game state, then it is glitched and you will have to delete your save game from the PS sys setting, delete and reinstall the game.  Then you will have to focus on that one trophy.  That is how I did it for each: Canivore, Destroyer (~lv 9 or 10 of your gator and just go to farm area on upper map to destroy fences), Dangerous Job, Frugivore, Prankster, and Omnivore.

For Dangerous Job, just level up a bit and lure out 1 hooman near the beginning beach area and let him/her stomp/kick you.  When you are low on health (enough to run and not all the way near death), quickly dash away and feast on surrounding crabs, scorpions.  Rinse and repeat until the trophy pops.  The game stat will measure up to 3200 max on the hooman damage, but keep going until the trophy pops.

Hope this helps for any trophy/completionist hunters!

Edited by macross0145
  • Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

thanks for sharing, I tried too many times to count back when I was focusing this game but never tried not eating any animals so I'll have to give that a go.  Problem is I have everything unlocked except hunter so I'm not going to know if it's glitched until I hunt 1800....so it's just a pain.  Were you on ps4 or ps5? Do you know about how many tries you did while focusing on hunter?  Thanks again

34 minutes ago, Machinez_BT said:

thanks for sharing, I tried too many times to count back when I was focusing this game but never tried not eating any animals so I'll have to give that a go.  Problem is I have everything unlocked except hunter so I'm not going to know if it's glitched until I hunt 1800....so it's just a pain.  Were you on ps4 or ps5? Do you know about how many tries you did while focusing on hunter?  Thanks again

Looks like they did the PS4 version.

Wanted to prove that you CAN get the hunter trophy as for some reason I saw a % earned on it (not on PSN Profile) when I looked on the system.  Second, I tried countless times vary different ways (like eating only 1800 crabs only, or scorpions, or combination, etc and it was each time in a complete new game install with only 1 brand new save state with different gator but you the idea) so I do know it is a pain.

I played this on the PS4 Pro, physical disc, and “fresh” new game.  I did save a couple of times, exited the game to eat/rest/etc, and continued the same game later.  However, it’s very hard to “count” how many exactly to keep track of the hunter trophy.  I “ran” after each animal to “count” and then used the warp to other places and repeat each area knowing what type of animal to chase after.  My hunter trophy popped around a farm area with ducks and rabbits and those 2 stats were not 100% either, thus something probably tallied passed my 100% like frogs on my way around to a spot with an animal I was looking for.  Hope this helps.

Edited by macross0145

Hello everyone, I just wanted to confirm that the trophy can pop. There are a few things I wanted to add that could help:

- In my first playthrough, I missed out on 3 trophies, destroyer, hunter and dangerous job

- I died multiple times in my first playthrough against multiple things (bear, drone turret, humans)

- in my second playthrough, I went straight for the fences, it popped right away

- I died against a human, I wasn't able to pop dangerous job even after hitting the 3200 damage from humans and over 1500 explosion damage

- I DID NOT die against any kind of animal, I ate some animals but left the majority alive (ate 10%-20% of them)

I am wondering if dying while trying to accomplish a goal breaks the counters and makes it unachievable at that point (dying against a human seems to have broken that counter). I just wanted to add my input on this.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

with people unlocking hunter I decided to give it another go and it actually unlocked on my 1st try.  I did as OP mentioned and only hunted animals and never ate them.  Only ate humans and L2-hold ate birds when low on energy.  Takes longer but i just watched youtube while waiting for birds.  It unlocked at 1477 on the stat counter and only thing I had maxed was 250/250 frogs so I'm assuming like OP mentioned the overlapped frogs were still counting.

Some things I wanted to add is that I believe "hunting" the same animal doesn't count even though it increases your stat because when I grinded an area before I would hunt in 1 area over and over in 1 sit down.  This time I teleported around the map and hunted new animals all over.  saved and closed the game a few times and reloading to have a "fresh" spawn.

Not sure if those few things helped or not but was surprised it unlocked.  GLuck 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

This worked for me, so thanks! I think the key to them unlocking is not actually dying. I think that reloading the save game after you die somehow causes the trophies/tally  to glitch out. Especially for Hunter, Destroyer and Dangerous Job. I got all three by deleting the game and saves, reinstalling and not dying. I died going after Dangerous Job. Didn't pop. Deleted reinstalled, tried again, worked after not dying. So they are achievable indeed, just frustrating.