The Curtain Falls

CDNF_Rogers

Does anyone have any tips to achieve this trophy or advice on improving combat skills? 

I jump about a lot to maintain combo but feel like it just disappears during combat and I know I'm doing something wrong to lose it.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Many Thanks 

• Like 1

Use critical strike/hits.

Take a look at the controls for each character (especially special combo takedowns). https://psnprofiles.com/guide/3954-batman-arkham-knight-character-combat-moves-guide

Don't forget to use disarm & destroy when dealing with guns, shields, or any weapon.

In the last round, focus on taking down the medics & brutes first.

Each character is different in the way they feel and play. I found Catwoman to be the hardest in this challenge.

Before attempting this trophy, try to practice with each character in a combat challenge you feel comfortable in.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, F_A_R_E_S_11 said:

Use critical strike/hits.

Take a look at the controls for each character (especially special combo takedowns). https://psnprofiles.com/guide/3954-batman-arkham-knight-character-combat-moves-guide

Don't forget to use disarm & destroy when dealing with guns, shields, or any weapon.

In the last round, focus on taking down the medics & brutes first.

Each character is different in the way they feel and play. I found Catwoman to be the hardest in this challenge.

Before attempting this trophy, try to practice with each character in a combat challenge you feel comfortable in.

Thank you, I'll for sure use your advice.  

All the best. 

On 4/14/2023 at 8:39 AM, CDNF_Rogers said:

Does anyone have any tips to achieve this trophy or advice on improving combat skills? 

I jump about a lot to maintain combo but feel like it just disappears during combat and I know I'm doing something wrong to lose it.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Many Thanks 

If you jump over someone's head, you will maintain combo. But if you do a dodge twice in a row, it will break your combo. That might be what's going wrong.

You can alternate dodges and jumping over someone's head and that is ok too.

Vault preemptively before the animation of your hit is finished. You'll get hit many times by slide teleporting thugs if you wait to finish your attack and then do the redirect. As soon as you land a hit mash the :cross: until you're safe for the next attack.

• Like 2

• 11 months later...

No fancy things. Simple flow as shown for all characters here: 

Batman: (Difficulty ***) Tips: 4th round, after taking down all brutes using finishers, take two medics down quickly, then circle around the outer enemies. 

Nightwing: (Difficulty ****) Tips: Nightwing's sudden slowmotions are dangerous. Press evade as soon as you land your punch to get away.

Robin: (Difficulty **) Tips: Robin is just batman, but easier with less brutes. Single out the shields then attack them. Don't attack if they are more than one shield guy nearby. 

Catwoman: (Difficulty *) Tips:  Catwoman is the easiest. Again single out the shields then attack them. Don't attack if they are more than one shield guy nearby. Don't rush!

Edited by SirDarkStalker

Personally, I'd recommend finishing the Requiem for a Killer trophy first. After being able to hold a 400+ combo in that challenge, it really doesn't feel that difficult going perfect in any of these rounds in the Monarch Theatre challenge.

Batman was by far my hardest character, which was weird followed by Robin. Catwoman and Nightwing both took me less than 5 attempts each though.

6 minutes ago, UppityChameleon said:

Personally, I'd recommend finishing the Requiem for a Killer trophy first. After being able to hold a 400+ combo in that challenge, it really doesn't feel that difficult going perfect in any of these rounds in the Monarch Theatre challenge.

Batman was by far my hardest character, which was weird followed by Robin. Catwoman and Nightwing both took me less than 5 attempts each though.

I went back almost one year ago exactly to get as many missing trophies for this as I could. Hadn't played it in about eight years, managed to get the Platinum and every other trophy past four in the final DLC, including this one. I wound up getting much better than I realized at the combat but I wasn't THAT good to be able to handle the likes of this one, The Curtain Falls, The Chill in the Air, and Secrets of the Batcave. Would've loved that sweet 100%, but kudos to you for managing such high combos and the like while completing them.