How do I start this game?

May seem like a silly question, but I have downloaded the game as I want to do the Spec Ops for it. Anyway I downloaded all the DLC packs and on the main menu it has Warzone 2.0 and Warzone Caldera, so it is like 2 separate tiles. But it does not let me actually access the main game. Any idea what I am doing wrong? I don't know why it says Warzone when it's clearly Modern Warfare.

Thanks

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, WalshYNWA said:

May seem like a silly question, but I have downloaded the game as I want to do the Spec Ops for it. Anyway I downloaded all the DLC packs and on the main menu it has Warzone 2.0 and Warzone Caldera, so it is like 2 separate tiles. But it does not let me actually access the main game. Any idea what I am doing wrong? I don't know why it says Warzone when it's clearly Modern Warfare.

Thanks

It's not a silly question - that game is an ABSOLUTE CLOWN SHOE with it's menus and it's nonsense-ass installation procedure.

Basically, You need to install all the different parts of the game outwith the game (even the parts you don't actually want to play - just install everything, because the whole "install which parts you want to play" thing doesn't work right)...

...then, once you are in the menu, if it's still greyed out, then click it and go to the install section, and install everything again, this time from within the game.

Hopefully, once you do that, it will finally let you launch the actual game... once you sign up for all the Activision account crap it makes you do before hand.

It is - without a shadow of a doubt - the single most off-putting and ass-backwards pile of nonsense ever constructed in videogames...

...and very nearly put me off even playing the thing.

Luckily, the game is pretty decent once you actually manage to get into it though!

Good luck!

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, DrBloodmoney said:

It's not a silly question - that game is an ABSOLUTE CLOWN SHOE with it's menus and it's nonsense-ass installation procedure.

Basically, You need to install all the different parts of the game outwith the game (even the parts you don't actually want to play - just install everything, because the whole "install which parts you want to play" thing doesn't work right)...

...then, once you are in the menu, if it's still greyed out, then click it and go to the install section, and install everything again, this time from within the game.

Hopefully, once you do that, it will finally let you launch the actual game... once you sign up for all the Activision account crap it makes you do before hand.

It is - without a shadow of a doubt - the single most off-putting and ass-backwards pile of nonsense ever constructed in videogames...

...and very nearly put me off even playing the thing.

Luckily, the game is pretty decent once you actually manage to get into it though!

Good luck!

Thank you for your quick response. I will try this right now and hopefully that works. Yeah it is really annoying. There is no mention of the campaign or special ops in the menus, but the addons are there to download. It's very strange. But I will try this now and hopefully that sorts it

• Like 1

Just now, WalshYNWA said:

Thank you for your quick response. I will try this right now and hopefully that works. Yeah it is really annoying. There is no mention of the campaign or special ops in the menus, but the addons are there to download. It's very strange. But I will try this now and hopefully that sorts it

No problem - I know what you mean.

The funny thing is that every time you open the app to try and find the campaign, the first voice you hear goes: 

"Let's have some fun..."

...to which everyone trying to install it is like

"I'm trying, but you won't let me!!!" ?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

No problem - I know what you mean.

The funny thing is that every time you open the app to try and find the campaign, the first voice you hear goes: 

"Let's have some fun..."

...to which everyone trying to install it is like

"I'm trying, but you won't let me!!!" ?

Hahahahaha I didn't even hear that at first. After reading your message I had a listen out and you're absolutely right ? this is the most insane thing ever. The game is like 200gb!! Had to uninstall so many games just to download these addon's lmao. Hopefully this works

• Like 1