Patch Notes (1.21)

Ghost

Patch 1.21 sets up the game for the release of Horizon Forbidden West: Burning Shores. It also brings additional Accessibility Features.

Patch 1.21 is exclusive to PlayStation 5 users.

horizon-forbidden-west-patch-1-21-v0-28fmo6vkgnua1.jpg?width=1080&crop=smart&auto=webp&v=enabled&s=2058e4952770681f0195cc7b458e76225649c0e8

• Thalassophobia - This feature aims to ease thalassophobia symptoms by improving underwater ambient visibility and allowing you to breathe indefinitely, regardless of story progression.

• Improved UI readability options - Added options to increase waypoint and quest icon sizes.

• Navigation Assist - Added an option to assist the player’s orientation during a quest, with a new option added in Focus mode to face the camera towards the current objective. Additionally, if the user has a waypoint set the camera will prioritize aiming towards this direction.

• Color Blind settings - Added new color blind accessibility options.

• Auto Camera - Added an option to allow the camera to follow your movement behavior from the left stick without having to control it with the right stick.

• HUD Vignette - Added an option to add a vignette to darken the edges of the screen, increasing contract and improving HUD readability.

• Auto Pickup - Added an option to automatically collect pickups without button-press interactions from the player.

• Improved Subtitle Sizes - Increased the size of subtitles for the Large and Extra Large options.

Technical

How do I know Horizon Forbidden West: Burning Shores is installed?
Highlight the Horizon Forbidden West tile on the PlayStation Home Screen, press the OPTIONS button on your controller and then select Manage Game Content. Horizon Forbidden West: Burning Shores should now show in this view if correctly installed. Please make sure to restart the game as well if you're having any issues accessing the DLC.

How do I access Horizon Forbidden West: Burning Shores in-game?
To enter the Burning Shores, you must complete the main quest (up to and including the final quest ‘Singularity’) in Horizon Forbidden West.Following the events of Singularity, Aloy will receive a call over her Focus, beginning the DLC. The first quest of the DLC will show up in your Notebook under Main Quests as ‘To The Burning Shores’.

Reddit

• Like 2

Awesome! Some nice quality of life additions, especially 

11 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Auto Pickup - Added an option to automatically collect pickups without button-press interactions from the player.

After having negative feelings towards Alloy being constantly staggered and knocked down, I think I might be ready for this DLC and exploring this beautiful world.

Edited by I-Kami-I
  • Like 1