General Tips for Beating the Tower

LegendExeter

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has any general tips for beating the tower runs?

Is there a list of mini-bosses and how to fight them out there?  ( I ran into Wildfire or something like that, and literally died twice not understanding what I had to do to beat him )

I believe I'm up to the challenge as I'm a long time Diablo player here, I just wanted to get some information or strategies, such as when to take gear, items, enchantment points, etc.

15 hours ago, LegendExeter said:

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has any general tips for beating the tower runs?

Is there a list of mini-bosses and how to fight them out there?  ( I ran into Wildfire or something like that, and literally died twice not understanding what I had to do to beat him )

I believe I'm up to the challenge as I'm a long time Diablo player here, I just wanted to get some information or strategies, such as when to take gear, items, enchantment points, etc.

I don't think there's any tricks to beat the tower more than playing the game and know how enemy behaviour. Don't change your gear/artifacts on every floor, sometimes is way better to get enchantment points to upgrade your current weapon more than the damage. And have ALWAYS companions. The Iron Golem is extremelly useful, but the Llama or the flying fairies (don't remember the name are good too.

For the Wildfire you need to destroy the 4 I think gold plates he has like an armor. Then just kill him. Don't stay still for a long time or he will shoot at you and he's deadly.

• Like 1

Someone on reddit posts recommended strategies/gear to use each week for apocalypse tower runs - usually within a day or two of the new tower going live.  And while the enchantments and gear levels change with difficulty, you can still get a decent practice run on the lower difficulties to see if you like that tower and gear set up.  

My only specific advice would be avoiding towers with the Tempest Golem and (don't remember the exact name) Wraith Witch(???).  I found those tricky to solo in the tower (easy with OP gear in the regular game).  In my limited experience some towers are easier than others so if you don't like one this week feel free to wait a week.

Generally, go slow and carefully.  Use the floors and your gear (long reach, enchantments, etc) to your advantage.  Every now and then all-out aggression is warranted (say, to take out one out of two bosses on the floor quickly).

• Like 1