PSA: The Platinum trophy is NOT free to earn

Maxie_M0us3

On 01/05/2023 at 1:39 AM, MaxieM0us3 said:

Although free to play, you won’t be able to earn the Platinum trophy with only the Starter access. The reason is that the Track of the Day and Cup of the Day modes, which trophies are linked to, are exclusive to Standard and Club access subscriptions. Not only that, you need an active PlayStation Plus subscription to even play in online multiplayer.

Thank you very much for the information.

Do you (or anyone) know how many % of trophies I get without joining any "season pass"?

10 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

I don't think this is the first game in this situation? Maybe Rocket League was another example?

Rocket League was released as a paid game so it makes sense, also, it's a DLC trophy and doesn't lock you out of the platinum. This is the first case where most of the game is locked behind paywalls, that's why Pinball games or Capcom Arcade Cabinet had so many DLC trophies.

Anyway, I don't understand why so many stacks, I wish the PS4 version just had one, it's the logical way. Don't understand this trend.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cb_zen said:

Do you (or anyone) know how many % of trophies I get without joining any "season pass"?

Without a paid pass, there are 3 bronze, 2 silver and 1 gold trophies that you can't get (track of the day and cup of the day related trophies).

Some other trophies (200 campaign medals), although doable, wouldn't be attainable before at least 2 years on the free version.

• Like 2

If you like the Game and want those trophies, just buy the access for one year, you get plenty of content for the Money. If i compare the price with a lot paid dlc it is very reasonable.

you can play for free as Long as you like until you decide if it is worth for you. 

• Like 1