PSA: The Platinum trophy is NOT free to earn

Maxie_M0us3

Looks a bit harder than Previous Trackmania Turbo, almost there are 275campaign tracks but need 200 trackmaster medal which sounds it take more time to get platinum, maybe easier if their add every season more

Edited by zracingz

11 minutes ago, zracingz said:

Looks a bit harder than Previous Trackmania Turbo, almost there are 275campaign tracks but need 200 trackmaster medal which sounds it take more time to get platinum, maybe easier if their add every season more

They add new 25 tracks every season, so getting these 200 Author medals will be easier with time, with more selection for everyone.

The 90 Author medals in the Tracks of the Day will be much harder, with very tight time goals set my experienced players. But that’s 90 in over 1000+ tracks, the count keeping growing every single day.

Edited by MaxieM0us3

€10 for a year is a pretty good price. 

The list looks tough but really only the 200 author medals on campaign tracks and the 90 author medals on tracks of the day.

I’m curious how difficult these campaign tracks are since there are only 25 in a season? Does it go from White to Black like in Turbo? With a lot of leeway already and even more in the future this doesn’t seem too bad..

We just have to find the 90 easiest tracks of the day for an easy platinum. :awesome:

I'm excited for this one. I played one of the campaigns last year and got all the golds fairly easily, but only a few authors. It'll definitely be challenging to get so many authors but it'll also get easier in time.

@Baker Yes, there are 5 tracks of each difficulty level for each season. From the one season I played I felt the black tracks weren't as insane as in Turbo, but it's obviously going to vary by season.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Baker said:

Does it go from White to Black like in Turbo?

Yes

2 minutes ago, Baker said:

I’m curious how difficult these campaign tracks are since there are only 25 in a season?

The tracks are easier than Turbo, that's for sure, but getting AT here is harder than getting gold there. In the beta a blue track took me 3 hours to get AT (and it's not even one that's considered hard by the community). In comparison, the track that I've spent the most time on Turbo took me 5 hours.

10 minutes ago, Baker said:

We just have to find the 90 easiest tracks of the day for an easy platinum. :awesome:

Order by #ATS on this page: https://www.author-tracker.com/player/3bb0d130-637d-46a6-9c19-87fe4bda3c52 ;)

• Like 1

This trophy list actually looks pretty easy for a Trackmania game, especially if all previous tracks count. There is 3 years worth of content to get 200 author medals from if you get the pass, with 25 more tracks being added every 3 months. 

Trackmania Turbo was a much harder platinum than this not in part due to the author times being set by a literal speedhack cheater, and having to beat every single map. In this trophy set for Trackmania 2020 you can just pick and choose the easy tracks from the looks of it, and author medals really are not that hard to get if you understand the games physics to a decent level. 

Edited by Mio

2 hours ago, Mio said:

This trophy list actually looks pretty easy for a Trackmania game, especially if all previous tracks count. There is 3 years worth of content to get 200 author medals from if you get the pass, with 25 more tracks being added every 3 months. 

Trackmania Turbo was a much harder platinum than this not in part due to the author times being set by a literal speedhack cheater, and having to beat every single map. In this trophy set for Trackmania 2020 you can just pick and choose the easy tracks from the looks of it, and author medals really are not that hard to get if you understand the games physics to a decent level. 

Many Tracks of the day have time set by very good players, so that will be very hard. I have many tracks I simply struggle of beating my Personal best time and it’s so close to the Author time.

And the game will still be hard for many, cause of some obstacles featured in the game, but I won’t tell what are these. It’s a surprise. And you gotta go through them if you want all gold medals on a campaign. :awesome:

Edited by MaxieM0us3

2 hours ago, MaxieM0us3 said:

Many Tracks of the day have time set by very good players, so that will be very hard. I have many tracks I simply struggle of beating my Personal best time and it’s so close to the Author time.

And the game will still be hard for many, cause of some obstacles featured in the game, but I won’t tell what are these. It’s a surprise. And you gotta go through them if you want all gold medals on a campaign. :awesome:

Hey the campaign isn't that bad ? 

I do agree though that ice is definitely the worst obstacle. I've been playing it for a long time now and still can't work out the physics lol. If this handles well on console then I'll definitely play it on PS5, in the midst of doing turbo at the moment so it won't be for a while. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

I thought Sony had a policy that any trophy on the base game list has to be able to be earned without spending money on the game? 

I don't think this is the first game in this situation? Maybe Rocket League was another example?

3 hours ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

I thought Sony had a policy that any trophy on the base game list has to be able to be earned without spending money on the game? 

It sounds to me like it is still possible to get plat for free, it would just take a long time to be able to access enough tracks. Maybe I’m reading this wrong tho

Edit: yeah, I see I missed a part :/

Edited by Dinkus83

8 minutes ago, Cruscah said:

Yes, that's normal, it's not possible to check ATs on console. PC players have an Openplanet plugin to do that.

Is there a good resource for seeing what the ATs are? Similar to the spreadsheet that was available for Turbo for Trackmaster medals

1 minute ago, madbuk said:

Is there a good resource for seeing what the ATs are? Similar to the spreadsheet that was available for Turbo for Trackmaster medals

Yes, Trackmania.io covers it all.

You can also use https://www.author-tracker.com/player/3bb0d130-637d-46a6-9c19-87fe4bda3c52 for TOTDs if you want.

• Like 3