Hey hi hello!

Avocago_65

Hello everybody!

First time poster, long time site user, short time trophy hunter. I've had a playstation for a few years and was a casual gamer but late last year/early this year I decided to go for more trophy hunting and I'll say that was a great decision. I have a pretty decent backlog but I'm currently at 9 plats and got a few I'm loving working through at the moment. I'm pretty open to trying new games so please offer any suggestions and I'll look at checking them out! Other than trophy hunting I'm a current grad student (hopefully not for much longer), avid sport watcher and a pretty decent cook. I'm looking to get more into the forum so if you see me around say hi! 

• Like 3

Welcome to the forums.

I took a quick look at your profile, and I am curious about something.  You seem to start a wide range of games, but then aren't even playing through an appreciable amount of the story.  Is this because you aren't enjoying those games, you get bored and try something different, life gets in the way, or is there another reason?

10 minutes ago, Sir_Bee said:

Welcome to the forums.

I took a quick look at your profile, and I am curious about something.  You seem to start a wide range of games, but then aren't even playing through an appreciable amount of the story.  Is this because you aren't enjoying those games, you get bored and try something different, life gets in the way, or is there another reason?

Yeah I'm sorry for posting with my profile currently being like that. Honestly, I just used to go through long stretches of gaming and not gaming so I would bounce around a lot along with some mental health issues. That's why I started trophy hunting so I could try to be more focused on stuff and I have been trying very hard to go through my backlog first but I will work on that more before returning per some messages lol

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Avocago_65 said:

Yeah I'm sorry for posting with my profile currently being like that. Honestly, I just used to go through long stretches of gaming and not gaming so I would bounce around a lot along with some mental health issues. That's why I started trophy hunting so I could try to be more focused on stuff and I have been trying very hard to go through my backlog first but I will work on that more before returning per some messages lol

I think you misunderstood me.  I was not judging you at all.  I was more curious about what encouraged you to game.  I understand that most people are not interested in trophies, but I was surprised to see how many games you seem to have stopped playing not much further in than the tutorial.

Don't let anyone here make you feel bad for your trophy list, no matter what it looks like.  This is a hobby we choose to do because we get some sense of joy out of it.  You are not required to find the same joy, or put in the same time, as anyone else.  This is your trophy list, and you get to choose what to do with it.

EDIT: Is there a game currently in your collection (or a new one) that really draws your attention and that you hope to focus on, and potentially platinum, next?

Edited by Sir_Bee
  • Like 2