Quick Save Crashes

fryhole

I've been playing this game on my PS5 and so far I've had two system crashes - PS5 completely frozen, had to hold down the power button more than 20 seconds to power it down.
Both crashes happened when I used the "Quick Save" function. Both times it corrupted the "System Data" game file.
I was more than 50 hours into my first game when the crash happened. I went into the "Save Data and Game/App" system setting and was able to delete the corrupt file. I loaded up one of my normal game saves and right away I knew there was something off - my bestiary progress was completely wiped out.
I tried fighting a few monsters but only the few that I killed reappeared and the rest of the bestiary remained blank. I had only Kefka's Tower to visit to get the "Adventurous Wayfarer" trophy, and the trophy did not pop. Based on that I decided to delete all FF6 save files and start over.
The game has an auto save function that is constantly operating as you move through locations - e.g. entering a town, entering/leaving a house, exiting the airship, even walking from game field to the next game field within a dungeon. There is an auto save icon that pops up on the bottom right corner of the screen every time the game saves.
In my new game I was extremely careful using the "Quick Save" function. For some reason I triggered another Quick Save system crash even though I made sure the auto save icon was not active.
Maybe something else caused the system crashes? I don't know, but be careful with the "Quick Save" option and back up your save files.