Build advice

Mickmann_1403

I mostly play alone, i am level 66 right now, mostly did everything with a double-barreled shotgun. Almost every other gun i ever tried seemed to be very lackluster.

Now I tried the first expedition (alone) and it went ok, but i only beat the final-boss by "glitching" it (i found a place where he couldnt hit me).

Can any1 recommend to me a strong build, which is tanky and doesnt need rare equipment? 

I use a variation on this Chainsaw build and it works wonders :):

I don't use any of the mutations or most of the XP buffs, because they're a PITA to acquire and maintain but for general purpose, this shreds virtually everything and lets you solo almost all the content in the game :).

31 minutes ago, Mickmann_1403 said:

I never tried melee. I have to aquire a few skill cards then, but i think i will give this build a try.

Thanks, mate!

I was skeptical as well but even with the shitty general purpose shotgun build I was previously using, the Chainsaw absolutely destroyed whatever was in its path so I dumped my other build and permanently moved over to this melee version :).

8 hours ago, Mickmann_1403 said:

I mostly play alone, i am level 66 right now, mostly did everything with a double-barreled shotgun. Almost every other gun i ever tried seemed to be very lackluster.

Have you tried getting/crafting The Fixer? It’s a really good and dependable gun. Me and my friends all had one for most of our time playing the game accompanied by a Gatling Plasma for boss fights until we started rolling with Enclave Plasmas for expeditions which is by far the most fun and OP gun in the game. I was a bloodied build which could be high risk at times but the damage output was worth it, especially as I managed to roll all my main weapons with Bloodied. 

Edit: You can use build planners to help better allocate perk points for your character (I used https://www.falloutbuilds.com/fo76/planner/). There are also great guides on Youtube for different builds, AngryTurtle was one of my favourites for this, really informative. Anyway, goodluck! 

Edited by sharkyaya

4 minutes ago, Mickmann_1403 said:

I regularly see the fixer on sale at other players bases. Maybe i'll buy one. They usually sell pretty cheap.

Try to get one that’s lvl 50 at least then reroll the stats if you can to best suit your play style! 

• 2 weeks later...