Best and Worst VR game endings in psvr1 and psvr2

ValkerianCreator

After finishing Moss 2 recently, for the first time, I think it has the best ending, finale (last couple of hours in the game), and final boss out of all the VR games I've seen.

However, it doesn't seem like the majority of VR game developers are paying any attention to the importance of making a great ending and a satisfying finale for their "experience." I can count with one hand the number of VR games that had excellent endings, but I would run out of fingers to count if I mention all the lackluster, disappointing, or even nonexistent endings in VR games that weren't bad at all, if you consider everything else they had going for them.

So, let's make a topic where we mention our "top vr endings" and also "our most disappointing vr endings." It would be interesting to see if there is any really great VR game finale that I missed completely because I never played that one. Let's start:

Best VR endings [in order of best] by valkeriancreator:

- Moss 2 (This made me feel like Kingdom Hearts 2 and Golden Sun The Lost Age did: it's a superior sequel with an ending that feels like the true ending for both games.)

- No heroes allowed vr (Ignore the crappy name, this is a well-done strategy game in vr and a funny parody. They went above and beyond with the ending and the credits here. If you manage to beat the difficult final level, you get a spectacular ending for your efforts, which is very satisfying.)

- Shadow Legend (If I had known that this game has such a well-done "hero" ending, I would have played it years earlier.)

- Deracine

- Curious Tale of the Stolen Pets (short game, but they took care of making a good ending, for the first time you beat the last area)

- Stardust Odyssey (interesting and challenging game that, thankfully, had a very appropriate ending and closure)

Honorable mentions (not the "great ending" I would have preferred for such a great vr game, but it was ok, it got the job done at least): Half-Life Alyx, Red Matter 1, Moss 1, Astro Bot Rescue Mission, Ghost Giant, Pixel Ripped 1995, Psychonauts in the Rhombus of Ruin, Raw Data

Worst VR endings, according to valkeriancreator:

- Super Hot VR (I am one of those people that would gladly boycott these developers because of the suicide ending here, it's abysmal storytelling with some very negative messages that will be experienced by thousands of children and players around the world for sure... This takes the dark cake for my worst vr game ending seen so far.)

- Swordsman VR (after a super promising intro video and a lot of not-so-great and not-so-realistic sword wacking throughout the game, you are just going to get a 1-second "game completed" little message after you beat the final boss; it feels like a joke really)

- Racket Fury Table Tennis (incredibly hard final opponents and there is no "championship ending" at all, no credits, no rewards, no anything when you beat it; it's a great game, but they should have taken care of at least making the credits roll or something)

- Unearthing Mars 2 (This game has one of my favorite VR boss battles of all time, vs. the black sword guy, and I did enjoy the gameplay here very much with the aim controller, but it also has a really disappointing ending, to be honest. I still recommend it because of the epic boss battle though.)

- Until You Fall (I like this VR roguelike, but the truth is that when you beat the aether horror for the 1st time what you get as an "ending," if you can even call it that, is extremely lackluster. If someone pushes forward and beats this challenging game expecting some sort of epic ending after winning, you are going to be disappointed for sure.)

Other "endings" worth mentioning:

To The Top (truly spectacular final stage in hard mode, where you literally jump through the big credits yourself, but there is no ending sequence for the game, unfortunately; if it had some sort of ending scene after that wonderful stage it would have been a perfect way to finish it)

I still haven't played or finished some very promising ones, such as Horizon VR, Vader Immortal, Red Matter 2, Wanderer, Skyrim VR, etc., so I'm sure I must be missing some good stuff still.

Let us know your favorite VR game endings ?, and also if there was any you hated, so that we can think twice about playing it!

Edited by ValkerianCreator
  • Like 2