Alternate method for the 1 billion studs trophy and other tips

The_Slugkiller

After obtaining the platinum, I have some tips that may be helpful to others:

1) The troublemaker can be shot with the Tranquiliser gun to stop him briefly.  He's not hard to capture, but it can be annoying at times.

2) There is an audible clue when the troublemaker appears.  This is helpful as sometimes he does not appear on the minimap for some reason.  He's also much easier to capture if you have the Classic Space DLC as it is mostly flat around your ship and has no hazards like water or lava.

3) I used the Legendary planet x105y65z-105 for farming pieces via chests. There is an extensive cave system right at the start point - go North East a short distance to the first chests, then go down deep underground.  There are 20+ chests here if you travel South, all close to each other.  Much faster than traversing an entire world or struggling underwater.  Once done, delete and reload.

4) I used an alternate method for farming studs as I found the Safety Deposit Box method slow and it causes the base PS4 to grind to a halt and it froze and crashed several times.  It's not much better on the Pro.

This uses the same method as the deposit box, but instead I used 3 Dojo Sword Racks.  These give 1 Ninja Sword per rack, and these are worth 40,000 each when sold to the trader.  You can have a maximum of 99 in your inventory, so you get almost 4 million for each sale.  The Dojo Sword Racks are obtained from Master Wu's Dojo, which is part of the free DLC Showcase Collection 1.  Build the Dojo, then scan the Rack to add it to your collection. 

This is much less stressful on the PS4 as it doesn't cause it to slow down as much.  It also requires much less button mashing.  If you have the Classic Space DLC, then put the racks near the trader and just keep breaking and selling.  The trader did not move during my 3 hour grinding session.  If you don't have the DLC then you'd obviously have to wait for the trader to appear.  I managed 200 million studs in around an hour - much more than I could get by button mashing the deposit boxes.

5) You can sell faster at the trader by selecting the item and pressing square - this allows you to sell your whole inventory of that item rather than manually increasing it to 99.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/27/2023 at 5:02 PM, The_Slugkiller said:

If you have the Classic Space DLC, then put the racks near the trader

Can you elaborate on this a bit? Is there a build or world that allows you to instantly access the trader? I looked through my classic space and didn’t see anything that seemed right. 

Thank you for the post, it’s super helpful! I’ve been farming those treasure chests, it’s a good spot. 

With the Classic Space DLC you do not have to wait for the night trader like you do normally as it does not have a day/night cycle. Once the trader appears it seems to stay permanently if you keep using it. 

I used the Space region for the Troublemaker pieces as he is much easier to capture here, and I noticed that the trader will disappear if you do not access it for a time.  It will reappear though after a short interval.  However, if you keep using it, like I did when selling the Ninja Sword Racks, then it will not disappear at all. 

Without the Space DLC you only have a short time window to access the trader and then have to wait another day until it appears again.  This obviously slows down the trading and means more grinding.

I waited until the trader appeared, then copied the Sword Racks right next to it. I used 3 Racks back-to-back, with a red piece on top.  This then becomes the "master" copy and you simply copy from this over and over to get 99 to sell.  No need to work in a hole either, as there are not as many pieces to collect as the Safety Deposit Boxes. 

Gather up a bunch of Swords, sell to the trader and copy from the Master again.  Once you've set it up there is very little button mashing to do and I prefer that to the other method as I am actively doing something rather than pointlessly mashing. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/07/2023 at 1:04 PM, The_Slugkiller said:

With the Classic Space DLC you do not have to wait for the night trader like you do normally as it does not have a day/night cycle. Once the trader appears it seems to stay permanently if you keep using it. 

I used the Space region for the Troublemaker pieces as he is much easier to capture here, and I noticed that the trader will disappear if you do not access it for a time.  It will reappear though after a short interval.  However, if you keep using it, like I did when selling the Ninja Sword Racks, then it will not disappear at all. 

Without the Space DLC you only have a short time window to access the trader and then have to wait another day until it appears again.  This obviously slows down the trading and means more grinding.

I waited until the trader appeared, then copied the Sword Racks right next to it. I used 3 Racks back-to-back, with a red piece on top.  This then becomes the "master" copy and you simply copy from this over and over to get 99 to sell.  No need to work in a hole either, as there are not as many pieces to collect as the Safety Deposit Boxes. 

Gather up a bunch of Swords, sell to the trader and copy from the Master again.  Once you've set it up there is very little button mashing to do and I prefer that to the other method as I am actively doing something rather than pointlessly mashing. 

Is there a way to get them to spawn? They spawned once, but then my game crashed and I haven seen them since. 

7 hours ago, happynick12345 said:

Is there a way to get them to spawn? They spawned once, but then my game crashed and I haven seen them since. 

With the Space DLC the Night Trader will appear shortly after you arrive, but as stated above it will disappear if you do not access it. It will then repeat this cycle.

Without the DLC it will only appear at night, but it does have a tendency to get stuck on objects like the scenery, especially if you are mining deep underground.  It should appear on your minimap once it is present on the map, so you may have to look up or down to find it.

When I was farming the chests it would often appear with me deep underground, but it would be almost inaccessible because it had got stuck on the scenery.  It usually gets stuck on trees, so you may need to climb them in order to access it.

With the Space DLC there is much less for it to get stuck on and no day/night cycle so it is easier to access it. The Troublemaker is also much easier to capture in Space as it is relatively flat and open.