Here Be Rosfields 67/68

ihasmudkips

16 extra hours of my life later....

I deleted the game, all of my saves, deleted the demo and the save data from the demo.

Reinstalled the game and played through it as fast as I could on Story Focused. 

Finally got "Here Be Rosfields".

100% it is bugged. I did nothing different this time. As a matter of fact, this would be way sloppier than my first two playthroughs, as I was rushing, skipping every cutscene, and just trying to make sure I hit the locations and did required sidequests. I would happily report if I had discovered a mistake I made previously and that the trophy was my fault. But it wasn't. This time I had hunts unfinished, trial markers unfound, side missions not finished etc. First two playthroughs I did everything fully and didn't get the trophy. 

Even the way our trophy guide here warns of the potential bug by saying it happens if you get "Falling Star" first and try to finish things up after Origin, I don't think that was my problem, because I liked the game so much on my first playthrough, I made sure to do every bit of content I could do before I went to that final mission, and I had Weeping Rent and Edge of Infinity already. 

I knew they announced the next update for September 3rd and I thought maybe in whatever patch gets released the trophy may have been fixed and I could just wait for that and do less work. But I wanted to finish this before Starfield and I think I wanted my proof that the trophy was just screwed before they ever do patch or fix it.

And now I will try to push this experience out of my mind. Because I loved this game and 16 extra hours trying to speedrun it for a bronze trophy was not how I wanted to spend time with this game. 

spacer.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm also having problems with the same trophy, 67 of 68 areas thoroughly explored and I didn't find any black areas to discover, I compared my maps with other completed ones and there doesn't seem to be anything different on my map, that was my first playthrough and I wanted to get that trophy to go more relaxed to the Final Fantasy difficulty, but given this infamous error I will have to do all the secondary missions again and with the hope that the trophy does not fail again and stays in 67 of 68 zones again, wish me luck 😪

Update: I got the trophy in my second game on the Final Fantasy difficulty and I can say that the trophy actually has an error since in my second game I visited the same places and in one of them when doing a secondary mission the trophy was finally found has unlocked.

Edited by pablo_ivan_serpi

• 2 weeks later...

yes, i know 😃 i have done the jill quest in ng+ now again, but this location wasnt missing...  hate this trophy..

I do have also every POI, listed by Major:

On 7/4/2023 at 9:15 PM, Major_DarkMellow said:

The Dhalmekian Republic

1. The Trader's Gate
  2. The Plaza
  3. The Crimson Caravans
  4. Oldrich's Proven Portage
  5. The Wheel and Crescent
  6. Analect
  7. Mekith
  8. The Republican Gate
  9. Laetny's Hoard
  10. The Vaults
  11. Silent Sough
  12. Clayhearth
  13. The Requietory
  14. Vamare
  15. Empty Hovel
  16. Tovany
  17. Uld Bidza
  18. Vulcan's Forge
  19. The Red Hat
  20. The North Gate
  21. The Dravozd Mines
  22. The Desert Gate
  23. The South Gate
  24. The Lock of Toil
  25. The Baths
  26. The Markets
  27. The Final Sting
  28. The Lock of Leisure
  29. The Briar's Kiss
  30. The North Gate
  31. The Watcher
  32. The Bandit's Bed
  33. Ceratina

The Imperial Province of Rosaria

1. The Rose Gate
  2. Cypress Docks
  3. Bewit Bridge
  4. The Baum Arches
  5. Lostplume
  6. Hero's Bluff
  7. Riddock's Jump
  8. Glaidemond Abbey
  9. Crooked Nash's Pier
  10. The Golden Stables
  11. Bloodaxe Barracks
  12. The Fallen Gate
  13. The Trans-Rosarian Aqueduct
  14. Coeurltail Falls

The Holy Empire of Sanbreque

1. Vintner's Gate
  2. The Hanged Man
  3. Cellar Passage
  4. Cutter's Gate
  5. Caer Norvent River Gate
  6. The Holy Eye
  7. Caer Norvent Glorieuse Gate
  8. Heavenhall
  9. Eastwatch
  10. The Holy Hand
  11. The Markets
  12. The Iron Flagon
  13. The Veil
  14. The Dragon's Armer
  15. Imperial Training Grounds
  16. Westwatch
  17. The Trimelle Workshoppe
  18. Baywatch
  19. The Penitent's Gate
  20. Unnamed Chapel

The Kingdom of Waloed

1. The Maudlin Mason
  2. The Badbach Conservatory

These are the white markers on my map and I have the trophy, if people need me to colour code where the places are I can do that to make things easier, hope this helps. 

Edited by MrLadebalken

• 4 weeks later...

Also got the bug, but it popped no problem in NG+. Though I had to get EVERYTHING again in NG+; was hoping it would pop randomly when I entered whatever area bugged for me the first time, but no such luck 😅. But yeah, don't stress too much if it doesn't work on your first playthrough,since you have to do a second one anyway; hopefully messes up on both for very few people!

Can also confirm that, contrary to what the guide says, the bug wasn't triggered by me doing the final mission early; in the first game, did all missions + board hunts, explored the whole map (including the two missable areas, multiple times), double checked all was revealed, and was all before doing the final mission.

On 10/23/2023 at 12:35 AM, JimKillington said:

Also got the bug, but it popped no problem in NG+. Though I had to get EVERYTHING again in NG+; was hoping it would pop randomly when I entered whatever area bugged for me the first time, but no such luck 😅. But yeah, don't stress too much if it doesn't work on your first playthrough,since you have to do a second one anyway; hopefully messes up on both for very few people!

Can also confirm that, contrary to what the guide says, the bug wasn't triggered by me doing the final mission early; in the first game, did all missions + board hunts, explored the whole map (including the two missable areas, multiple times), double checked all was revealed, and was all before doing the final mission.

i did all hunts and quests on my first playthrough and the speed runed ng+ but no luck. I did the Jill and torgal side quests on ng+ with out triggering the trophy. It has to be bugged...

i am not motivated to do all side quests in ng+ again.. And i've read that a clean install without demo save game etc. may helps.. but a third playthrough....

On 10/26/2023 at 6:45 AM, MrLadebalken said:

i did all hunts and quests on my first playthrough and the speed runed ng+ but no luck. I did the Jill and torgal side quests on ng+ with out triggering the trophy. It has to be bugged...

i am not motivated to do all side quests in ng+ again.. And i've read that a clean install without demo save game etc. may helps.. but a third playthrough....

There's a few other easily missable areas outside the Jill and Torgal quests, particularly if you're skipping side missions- the trophy guide has a good list of what areas you won't find just in the main story. Make sure you're 100% sure it's bugged a second time before doing a third playthrough- definitely don't need to redo ALL side missions, (or any, other than the ones you've done), but you do need to make sure you manually go to all those areas if you don't redo them.

Awful luck if it is bugged on the second playthrough too though :(

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/23/2023 at 9:44 PM, Real_Colinio said:

Does the Hideaway actually count for this trophy? The guide mentions that you go there after the a chance encounter mission but the tracker didn't update for me. It's not that big of a deal anyway but i wonder if the trophy is already bugged for me

it shouldnt, also you are visiting every hideaway, or what are your concern ?

• 2 weeks later...