Here Be Rosfields 67/68

ihasmudkips

8 hours ago, Matrim_Drasgen said:

UPDATE: I got it. I had a path that wasn't 100% filled in. It had just a smidge of black and as I ran upon it, the trophy popped. So, it is not just location but 100% map exploration.

Do you remember which section it was? It wouldn't surprise me if I missed a tiny smidge I can't even see in Dhalmekia with all the different corridors.

6 hours ago, Diamh- said:

Maybe check this spot on your map @NoahTheNerd. Like Matrim_Drasgen mentioned it could be that you need to fill every corner of the map. The marked spot has a very little grey edge. I'm really not sure, but if you already tried every single other option, it might be worth a try^^

That was the first spot I noticed and checked. No luck, sadly.

9 hours ago, NoahTheNerd said:

Do you remember which section it was? It wouldn't surprise me if I missed a tiny smidge I can't even see in Dhalmekia with all the different corridors.

That was the first spot I noticed and checked. No luck, sadly.

It was around Lostwing, going NE, just outside the bar. I think it is a bar anyways. I couldn't see the black until I zoomed in then it was clear and I figured it was worth a shot.

I also beat the game first and then loaded the "clear save" file, it had a star on it. Not sure if this helped at all but, never know what step is actually needed. To me, nothing else was buggy trophy-wise, so my best guess is 100% map exploration, not just the areas.

Edited by Matrim_Drasgen
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Matrim_Drasgen said:

It was around Lostwing, going NE, just outside the bar. I think it is a bar anyways. I couldn't see the black until I zoomed in then it was clear and I figured it was worth a shot.

I also beat the game first and then loaded the "clear save" file, it had a star on it. Not sure if this helped at all but, never know what step is actually needed. To me, nothing else was buggy trophy-wise, so my best guess is 100% map exploration, not just the areas.

Just ran all around that bar and still nothing. Thanks for responding!

I've reached my breaking point with this, I'm not going to keep banging my head against a wall. I'll keep an eye on this forum to see if there are any developments but I don't want to keep wasting my own time searching. Good luck to everyone!

3 hours ago, NoahTheNerd said:

Just ran all around that bar and still nothing. Thanks for responding!

I've reached my breaking point with this, I'm not going to keep banging my head against a wall. I'll keep an eye on this forum to see if there are any developments but I don't want to keep wasting my own time searching. Good luck to everyone!

Well, it was a path leading away from the bar to the North East. I am not in the game but will get you more info if need be. My only suggestion is, zoom in and scan the map. I am sure you have, maybe wait a bit, fresh clear eyes after you had a snack or something. I know it seems buggy and maybe it is. I dunno, worth a shot looking for a smidge of black. Good luck.

I just loaded an older save and it's amazing when you enter a new area that the whole map section is revealed.

it's definitely a bug. no matter what others say. nice for all those who get the Trophy but please stop blaming us. because if it wasn't a bug why does the counter always get stuck at 67 and not at 66 or 65?

My guess is that at some point in the game an area didn't count. maybe when you enter the area if you ride the chocoboco? SE must definitely acknowledge that there is a problem here that needs to be patched.

Edited by KaydonJAK
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, KaydonJAK said:

I just loaded an older save and it's amazing when you enter a new area that the whole map section is revealed.

it's definitely a bug. no matter what others say. nice for all those who get the Trophy but please stop blaming us. because if it wasn't a bug why does the counter always get stuck at 67 and not at 66 or 65?

My guess is that at some point in the game an area didn't count. maybe when you enter the area if you ride the chocoboco? SE must definitely acknowledge that there is a problem here that needs to be patched.

I was thinking the same, the chocoboo.. but look at this

Its for sure a bug, and some area dosent count, but how we are supposte to know where xD

One is matter me, not a lot of people got the same problem, rest of people get a platinum and this trophy i see only maybe like 20 people with this same problem... and its 100% buggg, its scary to play NG+ if u again dosent have a count of area...

• Like 1

For anyone having issues, have you tried re-visiting all the obolisks. Even though they are on the map as discovered they may not have registered properly. Visiting them again may force the counter to re-sync.

2 hours ago, pasiklydau said:

Found my missing part. Was a small part of the tunnel between Lostwing and Northreach ?

Pls can u upload video with this trophy?
Its automatic save when u get trophy in ur libery in PS5, if u dont switch it off, video like i droped here up from twitter.

I wanna se how u get it... i walking whole map and still nothing ;D

got everythink done, hunts, sidequest, mainquest, Jill and Torgal quest same, and still dont get trophy

11 hours ago, iNE7STA4 said:

Pls can u upload video with this trophy?
Its automatic save when u get trophy in ur libery in PS5, if u dont switch it off, video like i droped here up from twitter.

I wanna se how u get it... i walking whole map and still nothing ;D

got everythink done, hunts, sidequest, mainquest, Jill and Torgal quest same, and still dont get trophy

I have it switched off, sadly :(

I found a pic online (don't mind red marking), trophy popped when I walked through that long corridor top right of the pic!

church-location.jpg

You will basically visit all the locations through both the main story / side quests. Some hunts, however, are in different locations from the side quests and you have to go out of your way to find them, i.e., some of the S ranks. If you're still stuck on a single location (or more), look through each map and look for areas not filled in as the game does a pretty good job on telling you otherwise. 

Finaly got it... holy f***... 50h for bronze trophy...i need to replay whole game, and doing only sidequest where u unlock blocked locations.
I just upload my saves to cloud, and delete all from console, and start a new game with everythning, even demo chapters, and finally my fight is end :D
But guys its probl bugged, where? I DONT KNOW its a lot of options, one guy from japan on twitter says the game just didnt count location.
Locations may not be counted due to game progress of main story.
i can put this tweet here, u can do it probl in the NG+\

My last location that dosent count was a very last sidequest with JILL!! Where u enter with joshua to rotten flowers hill and bam! I was there earlier like 10000000x times and dosent count. Now just works.
I think its a bug, while u go to the very last fitht with ULTIMA, and when u got back to te highway, after game end to "free roam" its bugged! If u got a save, before last fight with ultima and end game, just load this, and do Jill/Torgal/Josua quests.
If u got more qustions u ask me!
50h FIGHT FOR BRONZE TROPHY... finally got it... ehhh

Played in story mode, with autododge ring for speedrun game, and also using strength tonic.
BTW u dont need to lick walls like ppl says! U just need to enter a location and discover from shadows, and bam!
That was intense.

Tweet who helped me.

u need just to use translate

Square Enix says its not bugged ?????

Edited by iNE7STA4

YO, if you haven’t found it yet, it is most likely the castle in Waloed!

Before you go down the stairs, on the left side, you can enter into another bit of the castle where a side quest takes place and an A-Rank “Kuza” is available to fight in the centre of the building. 

if it’s not there, then try the Eikon trial stones, could be on of those. 

THIS TROPHY POPPED BEFORE THE FINAL AREA, so that doesn’t count.

hope this helps, please let me know if it did.

Edited by shabaCX

This is 100% bugged by the way. I explored every corner of the world, finished all quests and hunts in my first playthrough and didn't get it. Ran around the map yet again and checked all reportedly problematic areas, but it still didn't pop. On my NG+ playthrough however it popped as I was working on my final batch of quests in Faloed. I didn't do anything I didn't do on my first playthrough. If it didn't pop on my second playthrough I would've given up. I don't think I will replaying this installment of the series again. Still, I have Final Fantasy VII Rebirth to look forward to, that one shapes to be mind-blowing if trailers are to be believed.

• Like 1

This trophy went fine for me. I pretty thoroughly explored the map. Usually before I even received quests to go to locations, I'd already explored them. It was actually when I went to defeat the final S-rank on the hunt board, Ruin Reawakened, that the trophy unlocked for me. Not sure how I missed the area when I was in the area of Sanbreque before, but was glad it didn't glitch for me.

Still people subtly implying fault in their replies, do you really think so many fellow experienced trophy hunters would just miss a trophy that a lot of people say they got as they played the game normally. I played this game with no concern about trophies for my first playthrough but I was loving the game and I eargerly did every single side quest and hunt before I went for the final mission. I finished the game a week or so ago and took a break with some other games. Today I finally felt like getting into FF mode. This involved my first glance at the trophy guide, and when I saw that my locations trophy was at 67/68, I figured I would reload a save from before the last mission and go figure out what I missed, just to get one more trophy that much sooner. My maps are complete, I checked the couple of narrow passages and obelisks that are suggested as the common sticking point, no luck. There is not a sidequest or hunt left in the world. I actually didn't have every single Chronolith icon showing (areas were not gray, I just hadn't touched the stone), so I hoped that might help despite knowing others said they had finished all the trials too. I have all 7 trials showing now, still nothing. I've been to flower fields with Jill. I've been to treehouse island with Torgal. 

I've seen multiple people say they got it during a second playthrough, but a few people said not even then. That's pretty upsetting, I loved this game but now trying for the trophies and coming across this issue is going to leave a negative feeling. Of course I was going to need a second playthrough anyway, so I will do it, but if I'm one of the unlucky ones where it still doesn't pop...

All I can think is that I did play the demo and I did continue from that progress with the full game (disc copy). But then you'd think it would be a very early game area that wasn't counted from playing the demo, but people are saying it is very late game locations that finally get them the trophy. 

Enough people have said they spent hours and hours trying to get this solved, I think we can stop with the "well it worked fine for me" type of stuff. 

Maybe I won't spend too much more time with the game until there's another patch and see if it is a corrected issue. I hate what a trophy issue can do to a good game...

Edited by NukeEarth
  • Like 2

On 8/2/2023 at 3:20 AM, NukeEarth said:

Still people subtly implying fault in their replies, do you really think so many fellow experienced trophy hunters would just miss a trophy that a lot of people say they got as they played the game normally.

Don't know if you're trying to imply one these people, but I was just genuinely relieved I didn't encounter this glitch and trying to help by sharing when and where the trophy popped for me, as it seems like no one has found what, if anything, might be causing this messed up trophy yet. I'm not an avid trophy hunter and just get them for fun, but I'd be pretty upset if I didn't get a trophy like this one due to a glitch. Hopefully there will be a patch for it soon.

I played the demo and transferred to playing a disc copy as well. 

• Like 1

Just to clear it up and provide more data for people trying to figure it out, I didn't play the demo, played off the physical disc (NA deluxe edition) with 1.02/1.03 update installed (updated halfway through the game), completely cleared the map / quests / marks / chronoliths during my first playthrough BEFORE the final boss and didn't get the trophy. It popped very casually without any issues on my second NG+ Final Fantasy mode playthrough on 1.03. It's 100% a bug of some sort, but I have no idea what exactly causes it to bug.

• 2 weeks later...

Well... it's happening to me. I'm finally getting towards the end of my FF playthrough (damn this game seemed longer grinding through it a 2nd time). I was looking forward to the final side quests, either the island with Torgal, Mann's Hill with Jill, Mikkelburg in Waloed, because this is where people said they got the trophy on their second try. In the back of my mind I worried about the worst case scenario but for the most part I assumed I would get the trophy as soon as I worked my way back there. Just accessed Mann's Hill... no trophy. Same as my 1st playthrough, 32 hunts done, every named location on my maps, no sidequests left, no sidequests in Clive's message box, no sidequests at the desk at the hideout. I have The Weeping Rent, Edge of Infinity, all the areas people recommend. I tried not to rush my 2nd playthrough because I hoped I'd see a new patch downloading for the game at some point, but I don't think there has been. So....yeah. I synched my trophies with PSN because I saw someone say that worked for them, nothing. I'll send a message to Square about it but I don't think they care or believe that it's bugged. 

Edited by NukeEarth