ps4 headset echoing problems when trying to stream

Lonemankane

So lately been trying to stream just off ps4 and been seeing i keep having the sound echoing alot. I have the sound of the microphone level at a good okish level but if i so much as click my fingers it still is picked up and am trying to figure out how to make background sound be less there or not at all. Also keep in mind i use the single ear headset by turtle beach.

Edited by Lonemankane

The thing about microphones is that you're stuck with whatever the manufacturer has packaged, or in your case, your headset.

Turtle Beach isn't a great brand when it comes to audio quality. Furthermore, a single-ear headset isn't ideal for receiving gameplay audio, voice chat, and streaming your voice simultaneously.

However, you don't need much to get decent audio. I started streaming on my PS4 as well and found out that you only need a decent 'gaming headset' to stream.

I would recommend these three options to ensure good audio for both you and your stream, as well as a good recording of your voice:

• Any handsfree earphones that came (or used to come) included with your phone. Their microphones are decent, and when connected to your controller, they end up in a good position to record your voice.
  • Any gaming headset you're comfortable with. This means a headband-style headset with a built-in mic. HyperX, Logitech, and Corsair have great options.
  • The most expensive option: a desktop USB microphone, such as the Blue Snowball, HyperX Quadcast, or any other that rests on your desk. Just make sure it's compatible with the PS4

Hope this helps!

1 minute ago, RinkuKulkan said:

The thing about microphones is that you're stuck with whatever the manufacturer has packaged, or in your case, your headset.

Turtle Beach isn't a great brand when it comes to audio quality. Furthermore, a single-ear headset isn't ideal for receiving gameplay audio, voice chat, and streaming your voice simultaneously.

However, you don't need much to get decent audio. I started streaming on my PS4 as well and found out that you only need a decent 'gaming headset' to stream.

I would recommend these three options to ensure good audio for both you and your stream, as well as a good recording of your voice:

• Any handsfree earphones that came (or used to come) included with your phone. Their microphones are decent, and when connected to your controller, they end up in a good position to record your voice.
  • Any gaming headset you're comfortable with. This means a headband-style headset with a built-in mic. HyperX, Logitech, and Corsair have great options.
  • The most expensive option: a desktop USB microphone, such as the Blue Snowball, HyperX Quadcast, or any other that rests on your desk. Just make sure it's compatible with the PS4

Hope this helps!

hmm thing is been looking for headsets that is good and won't hurt my head like there is not much choice in the store i have in the uk. that being Argos. I normally shop there as if it does not go well i can take it back and so on. plus not looking to spend over 50 around £20 is how much am willing to spend on a headset.

1 minute ago, Lonemankane said:

hmm thing is been looking for headsets that is good and won't hurt my head like there is not much choice in the store i have in the uk. that being Argos. I normally shop there as if it does not go well i can take it back and so on. plus not looking to spend over 50 around £20 is how much am willing to spend on a headset.

I can recommend this type of headset: https://row.hyperx.com/products/hyperx-cloud-revolver-7-1?variant=40911975841997

I'm not recommending this specific brand or model, but rather the style of its headband. If you look closely, you'll notice that they don't have an adjusting frame; instead, they have a uniform frame that adjusts to your head.

I use them myself, and so far, they have been the most comfortable headsets I've tried. Again, I recommend this style of headband. It's up to you to choose the brand and model.

6 minutes ago, RinkuKulkan said:

I can recommend this type of headset: https://row.hyperx.com/products/hyperx-cloud-revolver-7-1?variant=40911975841997

I'm not recommending this specific brand or model, but rather the style of its headband. If you look closely, you'll notice that they don't have an adjusting frame; instead, they have a uniform frame that adjusts to your head.

I use them myself, and so far, they have been the most comfortable headsets I've tried. Again, I recommend this style of headband. It's up to you to choose the brand and model.

that one costs over £100 here. i thought it might be this one Buy HyperX Cloud Stinger Core Xbox One, PS4, PS5, Switch Headset | Gaming headsets | Argos

9 minutes ago, Lonemankane said:

that one costs over £100 here

Wow. Here in Mexico, with the type of conversion, you could get them for around £50. What a bummer.

9 minutes ago, Lonemankane said:

I hear they are a good option as well. The adjusting band is more traditional. It's up to you, though.

Edited by RinkuKulkan

1 minute ago, RinkuKulkan said:

Holy moly. Here in México, with the type of convertion, you could get them for around £50, bummer. 

I hear they are a good option as well. The adjsuting band is a more traditional one. It's up to you though

damn the store seems to only have that one i posted already. not sure if it is a good one though for streaming though