Advice for "Follow Me On..." trophy?

Roundtoad

I'm trying to get 1 million fans for this trophy, and currently sitting on 400k. I'm on my second year of MyCareer, being a starter, averaging 40 points and 15 rebounds playing on semi-pro with 5 minute quarters. I can only manage around 14k fans per game, 17k on a good day. My question is, is there a method to getting more fans per game? At my current rate, I will need to play 40 more games averaging 15k fans.

Are fans tied to difficulty or the length of game? or is it solely based on in-game performance? I have mostly been chucking threes at a high rate, and grabbing most of my team's rebounds. I've tried pick-and-roll assists to change things up, but it's very inconsistent, sometimes I get 300 fans sometimes nothing. Do I need to start dunking on people's faces or something? or is this just how the grind is? Any advice would be much appreciated, thanks! 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, for those curious, I managed to bump my fans per game from 12-15k to 22-25k, which basically halved the required grind for me. So for anyone still doing this in the future, here are some of my tips. Keep in mind that when you first start MyCareer your player will have a rating of around 60 and will come off the bench. You'll have no other choice but to play a few games to become a starter, and to get your rating to around 70. Ps. I'm sure there are other methods to increase fans past 30k per game, but I found this to consistently give me 22k+ fans per game  

• Play on Rookie. As far as I can tell, difficulty does not affect the amount of fans you get, just the amount of VC you earn per game.
  • Set Quarter Length to 5 minutes AFTER you become a starter. You seem to get diminishing returns the longer the game goes, I guess this is because the game tracks the amount of times you do the same thing repeatedly and gives you less or no fans at all (?) It's just faster to start another game and get 20k fans. 5 minutes should be enough time to get ~20k.

The following actions consistently gave me a guaranteed fan boost in the stands, so try to aim for this at a bare minimum. 

• 50 Points
  • 8 Three-pointers. You may get more fans if you hit them consecutively without missing. 
  • 15 Assists. For best results, try to make your assists ally-oops or flashy passes. You can do this easily on Rookie by asking for a screen-and-roll and waiting for your bigs to roll to the basket. Also, try to join a team with a high-rated C or PF with dunk tendencies (AD, Gobert, Zion)
  • 15 Rebounds. On Rookie, you will not be getting any offensive rebounds as your teammates will never miss a shot. However, you can easily get this on defense by giving the player you're assigned to guard enough room to shoot as most of the time they will miss badly.
  • Triple-Double. With the above, you're looking at a minimum 50-15-15 triple-double game. A triple-double gives a fan boost. 
  • Activate Takeover. Seems to only generate fans the first time you activate this.

While scoring 50 points, try to mix it up. I find that scoring a fast-break 3-pointer gives 1-2k fans the first couple of times I do it. Once I'm no longer able to get fans that way, I start driving to the bucket and dunking, hop-stepping, euro-stepping etc. Once I hit 50, I work on my flashy assists. 5 minute quarters should be enough time to hit those benchmarks, assuming you've become a starter on your team.

Hope this is helpful to others. Goodluck with the grind!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Roundtoad said:

Hi all, for those curious, I managed to bump my fans per game from 12-15k to 22-25k, which basically halved the required grind for me. So for anyone still doing this in the future, here are some of my tips. Keep in mind that when you first start MyCareer your player will have a rating of around 60 and will come off the bench. You'll have no other choice but to play a few games to become a starter, and to get your rating to around 70. Ps. I'm sure there are other methods to increase fans past 30k per game, but I found this to consistently give me 22k+ fans per game  

• Play on Rookie. As far as I can tell, difficulty does not affect the amount of fans you get, just the amount of VC you earn per game.
  • Set Quarter Length to 5 minutes AFTER you become a starter. You seem to get diminishing returns the longer the game goes, I guess this is because the game tracks the amount of times you do the same thing repeatedly and gives you less or no fans at all (?) It's just faster to start another game and get 20k fans. 5 minutes should be enough time to get ~20k.

The following actions consistently gave me a guaranteed fan boost in the stands, so try to aim for this at a bare minimum. 

• 50 Points
  • 8 Three-pointers. You may get more fans if you hit them consecutively without missing. 
  • 15 Assists. For best results, try to make your assists ally-oops or flashy passes. You can do this easily on Rookie by asking for a screen-and-roll and waiting for your bigs to roll to the basket. Also, try to join a team with a high-rated C or PF with dunk tendencies (AD, Gobert, Zion)
  • 15 Rebounds. On Rookie, you will not be getting any offensive rebounds as your teammates will never miss a shot. However, you can easily get this on defense by giving the player you're assigned to guard enough room to shoot as most of the time they will miss badly.
  • Triple-Double. With the above, you're looking at a minimum 50-15-15 triple-double game. A triple-double gives a fan boost. 
  • Activate Takeover. Seems to only generate fans the first time you activate this.

While scoring 50 points, try to mix it up. I find that scoring a fast-break 3-pointer gives 1-2k fans the first couple of times I do it. Once I'm no longer able to get fans that way, I start driving to the bucket and dunking, hop-stepping, euro-stepping etc. Once I hit 50, I work on my flashy assists. 5 minute quarters should be enough time to hit those benchmarks, assuming you've become a starter on your team.

Hope this is helpful to others. Goodluck with the grind!

I can confirm this to be true as I'm getting about 17-18k per game and the only thing that I'm not doing is score 3 pts as I have a fat Center that has about 35 3PT rating.

Also, remember that you're getting 50k fans for breaking Klay Thompson's record of 14 3PT shots in the single game. It's one time only I think, but I've seen people saying that you can get it again next season if you switch the teams.

• Like 1