How to level up weapons?

Hey so I saw a video online of someone using a weapon for exp which is the Gotle Bell Cane. My problem is I don’t know how to level the weapons up. I managed to level one up to 60 which is one star but I’m not able to level it up further, uncap it or any others past 40. It says they’re full upgraded at level 40. when I try to uncap it says this weapon can’t be used. Can someone help me and tell me what I’m missing? I have 200k rupees so I can at least get it to 2 stars right? Do I need to do something else before I can level it up anymore? I want to level them up to at least 2 stars so they have decent damage because right now they aren’t that great 

Edited by Legchomper

• 2 months later...

I suppose the question is no longer relevant for you personally. But in case some other player doesn't figure it out on their own.

- You need multiple copies of the same weapon, four in total for it to reach max level.

- Each weapon has a level cap, which can be raised by uncapping it, which uses up one copy of that exact same weapon. Each weapon can be uncapped three times, meaning you need four copies of a single weapon to have one copy reach the max level cap.

- Each rarity has their own level caps depending on how many times you uncapped the weapon: bronze/R - 20, 30, 40, 50 ; silver/SR - 30, 45, 60, 75 ; gold/SSR 40, 60, 80, 100.

- This does not apply to the vyrn weapons which you get from completing their unlock tasks, these weapons are uncapped and bronze, so they can be leveled up to level 50 right away.

- To further your attack rating: fill all weapon slots with a weapon of the same element to stack elemental attack damage bonuses, and to increase the total attack on that grid.

- Each silver and gold weapon can also be skill leveled, this helps with increasing the elemental bonus for that grid.

• Like 1