Impossible Time Trial Trophies on PS4 FAT

WitchHunterDX

Honestly, I don't know what happens, I've done my best to complete the Rise of the Ravenwest DLC Time Trial trophies, following the indicated settings, and I'm still always 1 second and a few milliseconds behind.

I only did the first one (Go!, Neddy, Go!) because I used shortcuts and wasn't penalized. I don't know if it's a problem with my controls, which are old (one of them has a problem with the R2 where it doesn't accelerate the vehicle completely).

And I'm missing the 2 winter update trophies, which is 1,000.00 points in the drift and the time trial with the Bugatti Bolide.

I've been playing this for 2 months straight and I'm fed up with it, and I'm about to drop it altogether. I don't know if the fact that I play on PS4 FAT and I'm playing with automatic transmission is interfering with that.

Can anybody help me? Because for me it makes no sense that I'm doing everything right and still not being able to break the times, which are apparently easy to break according to several people here.

Edit: I forgot to mention that I already edited the controller commands, so I'm basically using the right analog stick up to accelerate, and the right analog stick to brake down.

Edit 2: When I mention the control, it's because of the steering, because I don't know if the steering is disturbing the car's performance, because whenever I make the curves in these time trials, the car loses a lot of speed and control.

Although I switched the D-pad to the D-Pad to see if the problem was with the analog stick, I didn't see much of a difference.

Edited by WitchHunterDX

27 minutes ago, WitchHunterDX said:

one of them has a problem with the R2 where it doesn't accelerate the vehicle completely)

Yeah, end of thread really. Buy a new controller.

Without being able to give 100% throttle you are handicapping yourself.

Edited by Anke

58 minutes ago, Anke said:

Yeah, end of thread really. Buy a new controller.

Without being able to give 100% throttle you are handicapping yourself.

I forgot to mention that even though one of the controls has a problem on the R2, I accelerate and brake on the right analog stick, I left it like that, so that's not the end of the topic.

56 minutes ago, HansPatat050 said:

You're unable to go full throttle, that's the problem. Fix your controller or get a new one.

I forgot to mention that even though one of the controls has a problem on the R2, I accelerate and brake on the right analog stick, I left it like that, so that's not the end of the topic.

18 minutes ago, WitchHunterDX said:

In that case then, especially when you mention...

1 hour ago, WitchHunterDX said:

whenever I make the curves in these time trials, the car loses a lot of speed and control.

...is that it's clear to me that you aren't well practiced in racecraft, perhaps watching some videos and watching where people brake and accelerate in the corners will help. To be honest it's a very arcadey game so full racecraft knowledge isn't needed but help with your manner of braking and learning racing lines will help you. 

1 hour ago, Anke said:

In that case then, especially when you mention...

...is that it's clear to me that you aren't well practiced in racecraft, perhaps watching some videos and watching where people brake and accelerate in the corners will help. To be honest it's a very arcadey game so full racecraft knowledge isn't needed but help with your manner of braking and learning racing lines will help you. 

But I have practice in racing games, just see my list of trophies.

I just noticed that PS5 Trophy List someone is reporting the same problem, on one of the Trophies, and he did the same as me, tried several settings and still couldn't beat the time.

And I've done everything, I've turned on mechanic upgrades and vehicle upgrades, and I still can't. I've seen videos and apparently the guys do it with ease. I slow down in tight corners and accelerate right after, trying not to crash, at the same time I try to accelerate a lot and I still can't.

I simply want to know if there is another setting to earn these trophies. Just between us, cars don't help one bit, they're not cars made to do this kind of thing. Or if someone is able to show this in video on a PS4 version and showing some other configuration.

6 minutes ago, WitchHunterDX said:

But I have practice in racing games, just see my list of trophies.

I just noticed that PS5 Trophy List someone is reporting the same problem, on one of the Trophies, and he did the same as me, tried several settings and still couldn't beat the time.

And I've done everything, I've turned on mechanic upgrades and vehicle upgrades, and I still can't. I've seen videos and apparently the guys do it with ease. I slow down in tight corners and accelerate right after, trying not to crash, at the same time I try to accelerate a lot and I still can't.

I simply want to know if there is another setting to earn these trophies. Just between us, cars don't help one bit, they're not cars made to do this kind of thing. Or if someone is able to show this in video on a PS4 version and showing some other configuration.

If you're confident in your racing then I'm at a loss then, I know you mention you turned the upgrades on and I do remember that being a very stupid setting I couldn't believe, I mean why upgrade a car and then it's default is to then disable it in races :D

I presume you've lowered the difficulty settings? I can't remember if there were any to be honest.

4 minutes ago, Anke said:

If you're confident in your racing then I'm at a loss then, I know you mention you turned the upgrades on and I do remember that being a very stupid setting I couldn't believe, I mean why upgrade a car and then it's default is to then disable it in races :D

I presume you've lowered the difficulty settings? I can't remember if there were any to be honest.

For a moment I thought that the game had a glitch, where I activate the improvements and in the race it deactivates, but when testing yesterday I saw that this is not the case.

In the settings of the run editor, there is a way to change the difficulty, I left it in easy and even in "off" and nothing has changed. It's ridiculous, because I'm doing everything correctly in terms of settings and yet for some reason I'm 1, 2 thousandths behind the record time.

I used the settings here and on TA, both sites show very different settings.

• 3 weeks later...

Hay gamers

Just wanted to add this comment in a hope to help others struggling.

You're a smooth operator : Beat a 03:03.765 lap....

After watching a few videos i noticed people playing dashboard/hands on wheel view were beating the time easily....

I switched to road view( looking straight at the race line) no hands on wheel or dashboard and beat the time buy 3 seconds after around 5 laps.

Never played car games from this view before but once you get the feel its much more forgiving and for some reason made it much easier for me.

Hope this helps

Peace