PS5 Nightmare Mode Not Unlocked

FPLooter

Completed on Normal for my first and full play through - Hardboiled Writer trophy popped.

Went back for collectables in Easy mode - haven't gotten everything but Departure trophy popped.

Unlocked is greyed out. Tried playing the credits all the way through on both Easy and Normal - Nightmare hasn't unlocked.

Restarted the PS5, booted the game, let credits go all the way though on Normal - Nightmare hasn't unlocked.

The remaster has the two DLCs which I haven't touched yet... do I need to complete THEM as well to unlock Nightmare?

Thank you for your reply, Jethrow.

Yes, I keep choosing "Episodes" from the main menu, I chose either Easy or Normal (I've done both) and then selecting Episode 6: Departure, then I chose second portion of the level, "The Dark Place" which begins in the dark NY apartment with Alice in her unmentionables, burning the darkness to get the clicker, running through the area with the typed words that are lit into existance by the flashlight, into the cabin, cue a cutscene (which I skip) which takes me right to the end credits.

Oh no, should I let the last cutscene before credits play out too?

Do I need to have every collectable also? I don't have every manuscript page or TV show yet.

Edited by FPLooter

2 hours ago, JethrowRogueSZ2 said:

It's not under Episodes, but you choose to Continue Game after beating the story and it should take you to the moment before, and then you exit.

Thank you for taking time out of your night to find me on YouTube and talk with me during a live stream - that was VERY cool of you. I didn't see your most recent reply at the time.

I think I was doing "Continue" already but I tried again. Still no luck, at least if I chose Continue and then quit immediately. Also if I chose "Continue" and run through the end, skipping cutscenes and the end credits, still no Nightmare availability. Tried this on both Easy and Normal difficulty.

If it's really this common for the problem to happen at all, I hope there's a patch. But right now I seem to be the only one unable to get a workaround... working.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, unknownds said:

If i not wrong, you need click new game to start the nightmare for first time. and all your will carried to new game.

THAT I've not tried! Wow.

Before I attempt that though: will it reset my statistics? (Or can I have two save game slots?!)

I think I'm going to make sure I get EVERYTHING I possibly can before trying your suggestion for Nightmare difficulty, just to be 1000% sure I don't lose any progress in my collectables, stats and trophies. Like I have almost all location information things, ONE more can pyramid to shoot and I think one TV show left?

I still need these trophies:

1. Meet the Deadline
  2. An Idyllic Small Town
  3. Gunless Wonder
  4. Every Nook and Cranny
  5. Picking Up After Yourself
  6. Hypercaffeinated
  7. Couch Potatoe
  8. Bright Falls Aficionado

I am super stoked to try your suggestion though! THANK YOU!

The statistics won't reset, and this game don't have manual save. If you worried, you can backup to usb or cloud.

I platinum PS4 and PS5 version, and start new game after finish normal difficulty. The statistics will carried to new game.

Edited by unknownds
  • Like 2