Mentor trophy

cloudstrife2812

22 hours ago, cloudstrife2812 said:

Can you tell me if it is necessary to be 1st in the ranking for the option to appear?
I'm on season 18 and it still hasn't appeared.

I was number 1 for about 3 years when I got the opportunity to build an academy. But can't tell if this is necessary or just luck based.

I have the problem that I don't get the last coach to appear. My last coach is Kim Won Hwa and he just does not show up. I don't know what to do since I have done everything else in my career. Did you noticed some requirements for them to show up? I was number 1 for over 3 years, was around number 10 for almost 5 years and around number 70 for about 2 years as well. First I thought it might be something like "Ranking from 50 to 60". But since I was everywhere in the ranking for a longer time I don't think this is the key.

I tried to skip everything now but then I am ranking number 100 of course and nothing appears since 5 seasons. Did you get every coach during normal play?

Edited by Sim_Racer_97
  • Like 1

Yes, I found all 19 coaches , the last one came in season 13. I read on another forum, that coaches and challenges appear when you are between positions 11 _ 100.

I'm making a new career now, to unlock all the skills. I hope I'm lucky to get the 'mentor'

This game is full of random things. It's giving me a headache

Edited by cloudstrife2812

yeah, I heard about that too but I got many coaches as well when I was number 1 so it seems, its still luck based. I mean I got 18 coaches within 8 seasons but the last one is still missing (so far season 23) and I am not number 1 anymore.

I hope you are successful. Pretty frustrating if there are no special requirements. or the player base is just too small so there is no specific information for the requirements? nevertheless we need to hold on and finally everything unlocks ... hopefully ^^

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MD_91 said:

I just got the mentor trophy in season 11 so I guess I got lucky, I've only been number 1 for a few months

Still need the 19th coach to appear, it's been several seasons since I got the 18th

Same for me my friend. 18th coach appeared in season 8 and the last one is missing for a long time now. Pretty annoying when you don't know if there is something you can do to increase the chances.

The one I still need is Kim Bon Hwa. And for you?

4 minutes ago, Sim_Racer_97 said:

Same for me my friend. 18th coach appeared in season 8 and the last one is missing for a long time now. Pretty annoying when you don't know if there is something you can do to increase the chances.

The one I still need is Kim Bon Hwa. And for you?

Noah Marshall

I guess the best way to make money is just to win grand slams? I'm bored of the game now but I think I need to win at least 30 more slams to buy all the equipment

Noah Marshall was my second last to get. Strange how the game works with the requirements to unlock them 

I am doing the Paris Major Tournament all the time (its in September). I win it and skip the entire year till Paris Major again. The reason why I am doing this tournament is, it is the fastest for me personally because the hardcourt surface allows it to win the points faster. Especially on clay the ralleys sometimes take forever. But maybe for you a other tournament works better?

And when skipping the entire year but one event, also things like unlocking items or events where you get money appear from time to time. So for me this is the best money / time relation.

Today afternoon I got my last coach. What I tried was the following:

I thought, it might be a good idea to stay around place 15 in the ranking because some say you don't get that many coaches when you are in top 10. additionally I had the feeling you also don't get many offers from coaches when you are too low. So I played tournaments which brought me to ranking 15. for a few months I always was between place 12 and 15. after a few months the last coach appeared. 

it still might be pure luck but I guess its worth a try 

1 hour ago, cloudstrife2812 said:

My last coach was noah too. The first time I found him, but I didn't see a pattern.

On the issue of challenges to release skills, do you know any pattern to appear? Or is it just another random part of the game.

For the challenges you can skip everything. I was number 100 in the ranking but challenges still appeared for me. since you can't play any tournaments (only 1 star) I got all challenges within 2 seasons

But at ranking 100 no agents / coaches and sponsorings and so on appeared, only challenges. but when challenges is the last thing you need, its a good method to skip everything till all of them appeared 

Can I ask you how you did the lightning reflexes trophy (15 volleys in a row)

I tried with a friend via share play but it seems, that it does not work with this method. I did 15 volleys in a row as well as my friend did. wether one method nor the other unlocked the trophy

Maybe you can do it online with a partner? do you know?

Edited by Sim_Racer_97

It's not possible to do it in co-op, I tried to do that but it didn't work.

On the online I can't tell you because I haven't tested this method.

After some tests, I chose in exhibition mode, in legend difficulty, using my character with 30 volley/serve and with the cards SYNERGY, MASTER STROKE, TIRELESS, PRECISIVE VOLLEY, WILL OF STEEL all at level 3. "easy" against wozniacki and Richard Gasquet.

4 minutes ago, Sim_Racer_97 said:

thank you for the tips. I am going to try it tomorrow with a friend online but if that does not work I will try your method :)

Any news about the Mentor trophy? have you already got it?

Naah.  I used to play 2 or 3 grand slam per day and play another game. 

Tennis is too stress to my mind hahahaha. 

One day I get it. 

27 minutes ago, cloudstrife2812 said:

Naah.  I used to play 2 or 3 grand slam per day and play another game. 

Tennis is too stress to my mind hahahaha. 

One day I get it. 

yeah finally everything pops, but definitely frustrating when you don't know how the requirements work or if it is just pure RNG

• Like 1

yeah, tennis world tour 2 is also quite a grind but it does not have these random events 

I mean, the game itself would be quite nice but the trophy list makes it a bit annoying

Maybe I have a good method for your Mentor trophy ... I found it yesterday in a German trophy guide. They say you should be world number 1 in the ranking then some sort of exhibition matches start to appear. They are not called "exhibition" but "match against legend" and so on. It seems you have to do them to increase the chances of getting the academy event. 

I don't know anymore how many of them I did but I can remember I did play against John McEnroe once. First I did not think this might have something to do with this trophy but maybe it's worth a try. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/07/2023 at 10:25 AM, MD_91 said:

Noah Marshall

I guess the best way to make money is just to win grand slams? I'm bored of the game now but I think I need to win at least 30 more slams to buy all the equipment

35 seasons with my male career and he still didn't appear so I started a female career, he appeared in season 5 with her but I didn't get the trophy for unlocking all coaches so I guess you have to get them all in the same career?

I upgraded him to level 5 and the collector trophy unlocked though, I guess I just have to hope all the coaches will appear in this career and that the trophy isn't glitched for me

Last coach finally appeared for me by staying in top 10 for a few seasons, was definitely a waste of time staying outside the top 10 for so long hoping they would appear that way

Edited by MD_91