Boosting question... (Level 80 areas with a Level 50)

Taruta13

I was wondering something. I know the answer might be really obvious, but a swift reply would help me plan out my Blue Mage leveling since I have to bum Party Finder to get those rare spells locked in Level 50 dungeons and Extreme trials. My Blue Mage has just hit Level 50 and *groan* that was a chore and a half, dismantling those Magitek MK-II in Northern Thanalan over and over to get 24,000 EXP from them. I'd love to get start pushing her to Level 60... but right now I am just starting the quest to unlock Thornmarch in 2.1 and have a lot of trials I have to queue up for and whatnot, so a question...

(If this is obvious, please do not belittle me. I have to ask.)

I used to play this game called Wizard101, and in that game, you could create one character, go through the game up to the end worlds, create a new character, put the first character on your friends list, and then use a teleport function to teleport to the first character. Then what I would do is, if I needed to go to a world I have not unlocked on my second character, I could send the first character to the area that I needed to go to and use the teleport function on my second character to teleport to the first character's location. Since I am sure none of you have played Wizard101, I'll just use general terms:

EXAMPLE: My second character is a Fire Wizard(all the players are students of a magic academy in this MMO) got a quest from their teacher to go to World 3, a world based off of old-school London. Problem is, they haven't finished World 2(the world based off of ancient Egypt) yet but thanks to the busted leveling system, they are their fourth spell quest earned at Level 28 because they have been doing side quest and getting tons of EXP(in this MMO, you gain crappy EXP from killing mobs and your best EXP source is doing quests... but the side quests give the same amount as the main story quests),  So they are told to go to World 3 for a combat or something... but the world portal hasn't unlocked the option to go to World 3.

SOLUTION: My first character, an Ice Wizard, has cleared the story up to World 10(the world with bug people, the home base of Big Bad #2), so she can go to World 3, and I friended here with my Fire Wizard. I have Ice Wizard go to World 3, camp at the spot Fire Wizard needs to be at, and teleport to her. Now I can finish the quest. I could even fight mobs there but, as I said, it would be a waste to fight mobs here as they give no EXP, so I just do the quest and can use the Return button to teleport back to my main hub, the Wizard Academy, and turn in the quest.

QUESTION: Can you do this in FFXIV? Now, I know you cannot create multiple characters and double-box because this game isn't like Wizard101. However, could I use Party Finder or some other method to get someone to go to, say, The Tempest with all those leeches and have them invite me to teleport to them and just teleport to the Tempest on my Level 50 Blue Mage despite not having unlock any Shadowbringers content yet. I am guessing that Yoshida made sure that low levels couldn't teleport to high level areas, but I would like to power level my Blue Mage despite not being past A Realm Reborn yet, and the monsters in Eorzea do not give good EXP for Blue Mage anymore.

If the answer is no, just say that and I'll request a lock of this thread and speed-rush through the game until I get my other jobs to the Tempest. I just am curious and need to know if I could sequence break with a carry. Thanks in advance. ^_^

No, you cannot get a character to go to an area that hasn't been unlocked through story (unless you buy a story skip, but that's another story).

The only sort of exception is you can visit the Heavensward housing area if you add someone that has housing there and teleport, but I'm sure that's not what you're asking to do. 

• Like 1

Thanks for your reply. I sort of expected that answer. That means Nemona has to start clearing 2.1 then. xD

And yes, I know about the housing areas. One of my old character joined a free company and their free company house was in the Kugane housing area.

Feel free to close the thread mods, I need to find a boosting group to get me through the Realm Reborn trials.