It seems like if you've bought this, you can get the PS1 version on PS4/PS5 for free

Raidou Kuzunoha XIV

Edit: I've gotten a response from someone else on these forums that you can indeed claim the PS1 version for Worms on PS4/PS5 if you own the 2007/2009 remake on PS3, at least in European regions.

Original post: Just gonna preface by saying I'm not 100% sure if this is indeed the case, and I haven't been able to find anything about this anywhere.

I noticed today while browsing the PSN store on PS5 that the PS1 version of Worms is appearing as "free" for me for some reason (unrelated to PS+ Premium, as I only have Essential). I'd noticed Ape Academy 2 was also free for me recently, which I bought on the Vita years ago. There's been numerous other PS1/PSP classics that I've managed to claim for free on PS4/PS5 if I'd bought them previously on PS3/Vita, but I don't recall ever buying Worms on PS3, I don't believe it even had a PS1 Classics release on PS3.

But I did buy the Worms PS3 remake several years ago, which is the only thing I can assume as to why the PS1 version is free for me now. It's not appearing as free to friends I've asked, or while looking at the page on the webstore while logged out, so it seems account specific.

So if anyone else has bought the PS3 remake of Worms, check to see if the PS1 version on PS4/PS5 is free for you now, if you're so inclined. If anyone else can confirm if they can claim PS1 Worms for free if they've bought the PS3 remake, I'll update this post to reflect that, as this is just pure conjecture currently.

Edited by Raidou Kuzunoha XIV

20 minutes ago, Leenewbe said:

its a feature if u owned it on the ps3, i was able to do the same with resi evil.

It's just bizarre that owning the remake enables you to claim the PS1 version for free, since they're technically different games. Everything else that I've been able to claim for free on PS4/PS5 because I previously bought the PS1/PSP classics on the PS3 and Vita make sense since they're the same games, with this one being the only exception so far.

• Like 2