Does Konami's approach to trophies make Efootball's annual name change unique ?

DynaVita

Hello,

Tomorrow, Efootball 2024 will become available for online play (assuming it's not delayed).

You can already download it on PS4 or PS5, or upgrade from EF2023 if you've already played it.

In terms of trophies, Efootball 2022, EF 2023, and now EF 2024 share the same trophy list since they are essentially the same game with updated names.

On this website, the trophy list isn't updated, so if you started with the first Efootball, your trophy list will still display as EF 2022, even if you've played EF 2023.

Is this unique, or do other free-to-play games do the same?

Additionally, there are no auto-pop trophies from PS4 to PS5, meaning that the PS4 and PS5 versions have separate trophy lists.

I continue to play the PS4 version on the PS5 because I'm concerned that Konami might release a Master League DLC with trophies, and I would have to buy it for both the PS4 and PS5 to maintain a 100% trophy completion (I'm a completionist).

Efootball does not offer a platinum trophy. Are there other games without platinum trophies that also have DLCs with trophies?

1 hour ago, DynaVita said:

Is this unique, or do other free-to-play games do the same?

I continue to play the PS4 version on the PS5 because I'm concerned that Konami might release a Master League DLC with trophies, and I would have to buy it for both the PS4 and PS5 to maintain a 100% trophy completion (I'm a completionist).

Efootball does not offer a platinum trophy. Are there other games without platinum trophies that also have DLCs with trophies?

I'd imagine it is unique from what I know, I haven't seen any other games do this. 

Yes, some games without platinum trophies have DLCs. 

For example:

Jeopardy!

Blacklight: Retribution (F2P)

Guns Up! (F2P)

flOw

Those are just some examples from what I've played, I'm sure there are plenty more. I gave a mix of F2P and not free games but that's not to mean that DLC will come to eFootball. However, it might be a possible addition. Who knows?