Axe and explosive rifle trophies/challenges

DezuKiwami

I got these in the PS3 version and according to what I read online the challenges can be found under ambient challenges in the Journal.

Well, I don't see them. I'm at about 60% of the story mode, I see Survivalist, Master Hunter, Treasure Hunter and Sharpshooter challenges and have gained ranks in all of them. Beneath those I see other challenges (weren't these the so called Rockstar Social Club challenges on PS3?) like Fort Mercer challenge, Blackwater Poker challenge and so on but NONE of them mention anything regarding axes or explosive rifles.

It might not be entirely relevant, but I did these 2 challenges in Undead Nightmare (not the GOTY disc version) the other day and they would only appear in the journal if I was running an unpatched version of the game.

So, I had to delete Undead Nightmare, redownload it and then decline the update (also had to turn off automatic updates in the system settings so it wouldn't update on its own overnight).

Didn't lose any progress along the way or need to start a new game or anything.

if u want to "unlock" them - do the tall trees trick to reach the north area before the story unlock, go to the edge of the map near the tracks that lead across the river, and wait for it to say tall trees area then set up camp, it will take u across the river near the union area and your there :) , i did 18 bear kills before i started Mexico

• 3 weeks later...