I am struggling to get the perfect chemistry trophy.

Alduin_Slayer2

• 2 weeks later...

I'm just starting to try and figure this one out as well.  (I completed the main storyline this afternoon.)

Is it possible that this trophy requires an 8-man circus show?  I haven't had any success with numerous attempts at a 7-man show, even when every chemistry bar between two performers is green.

Alrighty, @Alduin_Slayer2, I've finally figured this one out.  My hypothesis of an 8-man circus show is wrong; I actually knocked it out with a 4-man show of all things.

The very excellent trophy guide on this website explains it pretty well but not perfectly:

• Performers do have to be in a position they favor; performers who can be in any position end up making things a little easier because of the increased flexibility this will provide you.
  • Performers do have to be next to unit types they favor, but this has to be reciprocal.  That is, the "chemistry" line has to be green from both ends; e.g., if you have a Clown next to a Fire Eater, the Clown must like the Fire Eater and the Fire Eater must like the Clown.  So it'll be helpful to use characters who like two different class types when possible, at least in those slots that aren't at either end of the performance.
  • And it should go without saying, but the cumulative performance stats must reach the minimum requirements as well.  So if there are slots that double those for particular performers in particular positions, that can help if you're struggling to make it.

Fortunately, you only have to waste the time (and resources) to set up the show.  The trophy pops as soon as you announce the show, so you're free to purge your roster while you're going through this and then to re-load the older save once you've knocked it out.