Family Flashback Vs. Magic Johnson

Tripple_Barnett

Just guard him at the perimeter line, pressing L2 all the time so he can pass the ball to whatever player and dont make the assist.

Other way that helped me was to use defense tatitics to let his teammates free to score. (Not a lot tho, because you've to win the game)

And of course, sepend the full 24sec posetion and MAKE sure to score or get rebounds, otherwise he will kill you in transition.

I've made it with 4 assists and a few points, all in transtion from missed 3's. 

Edited by Jcansado1
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Jcansado1 said:

Just guard him at the perimeter line, pressing L2 all the time so he can pass the ball to whatever player and dont make the assist.

Other way that helped me was to use defense tatitics to let his teammates free to score. (Not a lot tho, because you've to win the game)

And of course, sepend the full 24sec posetion and MAKE sure to score or get rebounds, otherwise he will kill you in transition.

I've made it with 4 assists and a few points, all in transtion from missed 3's. 

Thanks for the tips. I will try it again tomorrow. Wish me luck!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Tripple_Barnett said:

I already earned 3 stars in the other 3 Family Flashback games, but this one is the hardest for me. Trying to keep Magic Johnson under 10 points is bad enough, but keeping him under 5 assists feels really impossible. Does anyone have any tips for this? Thank you in advance!

Hardest one for me too, but thank gosh it was just the first one, for me I did what the guy above said to do as it makes it easier, I used the right stick a lot to strip him if he's in the post. Also holding the right stick up allows for better contests when he shoots or drives in, the player you're using is already a great defensive player as he has gold badges related to it (Glove, Anchor)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, victorrfuego said:

Hardest one for me too, but thank gosh it was just the first one, for me I did what the guy above said to do as it makes it easier, I used the right stick a lot to strip him if he's in the post. Also holding the right stick up allows for better contests when he shoots or drives in, the player you're using is already a great defensive player as he has gold badges related to it (Glove, Anchor)

Thank you for the tips

• Like 1

I wish I recorded it, but I think the game glitched on me in a good way and gave me the trophy. I fouled out at the end of the 2nd quarter while trying to steal. When I fouled out Magic had 8 points and 1 assist so I just assumed I failed. I was happily surprised when the trophy popped, but I assume it was a glitch. I only have a video of the trophy popping, but you can see how bad my performance was: 

27 minutes ago, grimydawg___ said:

The right stick strip buffs your steal a bit.  My SF and Center builds have 85+ steal and block.  If you're at least silver, you're good.

I will try to remember that. I suck at steals and it gets me in early foul trouble all the time. 

I can confirm that if you foul out before Magic scores 10 points and your team wins, you get the 3 stars. It's bugged. This also works against LeBron. Just run up the score on rookie by chucking 3s, then foul out really quickly. You get 3 stars every time.

Magic ended the game with 27 points, but I fouled out when he had 8 points, and I still got 3 stars because it's bugged. Very very easy solution. 

It's entirely replicable.

Edited by BeefExtender
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, BeefExtender said:

I can confirm that if you foul out before Magic scores 10 points and your team wins, you get the 3 stars. It's bugged. This also works against LeBron. Just run up the score on rookie by chucking 3s, then foul out really quickly. You get 3 stars every time.

Magic ended the game with 27 points, but I fouled out when he had 8 points, and I still got 3 stars because it's bugged. Very very easy solution. 

It's entirely replicable.

Thank you for the information. I think Magic Johnson ended with 12 points. LeBron was a little stressful too, but was surprised I beat it on the first try. It took me like 4 times to finally outscore Michael Jordan. 

• 3 months later...

On 9/20/2023 at 11:47 AM, Tripple_Barnett said:

I wish I recorded it, but I think the game glitched on me in a good way and gave me the trophy. I fouled out at the end of the 2nd quarter while trying to steal. When I fouled out Magic had 8 points and 1 assist so I just assumed I failed. I was happily surprised when the trophy popped, but I assume it was a glitch. I only have a video of the trophy popping, but you can see how bad my performance was: 

I will try to remember that. I suck at steals and it gets me in early foul trouble all the time. 

Does anybody know, if this Method still works?

My best Statline was 9 Points and 6 Assists. Good, but not good enough...

On 9/19/2023 at 8:10 PM, Tripple_Barnett said:

I already earned 3 stars in the other 3 Family Flashback games, but this one is the hardest for me. Trying to keep Magic Johnson under 10 points is bad enough, but keeping him under 5 assists feels really impossible. Does anyone have any tips for this? Thank you in advance!

I somehow managed this one first try last night, he had 6 points and 0 assists. 

-Hold L2 to guard him closely. 
-Don’t press triangle to contents shots, hold up your right stick and you can contest the shot. 
-Go hard in the first quarter and try to reach at least a 10 point lead. once you’ve done that. Hold the ball on every possession to run the clock down, usually you can get an assist right on the buzzer. You want to give Magic the least amount of time with the ball.

• Like 2

Did they made this one easier?

i tried this one yesterday for the first time since a week or so.
Magic got 2 Points and 0 Assists at the start of the fourth.

Ended up by 4 Points, 4 Assists.

The last 1:30 Minute I only button smashed the Steal Button 😀

Thought that it´s ok, when i walks to the charity Stripe, but instead, i got 2 Steals.

Wasn´t that he had no Chance at all, but man, he missed so much Layups and even second Chance Points.

I hadn´t the feeling, that i would made it so much better, than the times before this try.

So maybe it´s now easier?!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...