Can't get 'The Spins' trophy

masher22

The vehicles seem to refuse to do air tricks. The air rotation is far too slow. Making this trophy unobtainable for me. Holding X and the left stick left or right in midair doesn't rotate the car quick enough. Has this action potentially been broken due to a recent patch?! 

Edited by masher22

1 hour ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

Make sure you have Air Control unlocked to make doing the tricks easier. Once you have that, it's easy to do a backflip or barrel roll on a decent sized jump. 

And how do you do the back flips to be able to unlock that feature if the cars won't rotate in the air?! 

Or rather should I ask how you unlock air control?! Because super air control in vehicles is locked behind doing back flips. Can't do a back flip if the cars won't rotate to start with. I'm totally puzzled with this one unless the game is broken. 

52 minutes ago, masher22 said:

And how do you do the back flips to be able to unlock that feature if the cars won't rotate in the air?! 

Or rather should I ask how you unlock air control?! Because super air control in vehicles is locked behind doing back flips. Can't do a back flip if the cars won't rotate to start with. I'm totally puzzled with this one unless the game is broken. 

Idk what to tell you. Get more speed and find better ramps to jump off. I didn't have trouble doing any of the tricks with decent height. 

Super easy in co-op.   Have your partner use a helicopter to grab your car and take you as high in the air as possible.  Doing tricks while falling after they drop you counts.

We did some the normal way before we realized you could cheese it, and yeah, you just have to find a good ramp and keep trying if you're solo.  Having a fast, upgraded car helps too.

I'm trying to get to the bottom of wether holding X to do the tricks while in the air.. Is now potentially permanently bugged?! It doesn't seem to work at all. I've watched a dozen YouTube videos/guides and talk throughs on how to do it. It should be simple... But the controls do not respond.  Not at all, no matter what I do or how long the vehicles are in the air. Even during 6 second+ jump no button presses or sequences are getting the cars to roll. Other people recently (especially in the last couple of months) are having the same trouble as me. I've seen multiple comments on YouTube of people not being able to do it either. Is it something as silly as having to play the game to a specific point, to have the feature of air tricks unlocked to you?! There's not enough information on the Internet to go on so I'm trying to find that information. 

That co-op strategy could work though. Thank you. As the car would easily be able to rotate once in that height. Hopefully the game would actually count it, would take trial and error to find out. 

3 hours ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

Idk what to tell you. Get more speed and find better ramps to jump off. I didn't have trouble doing any of the tricks with decent height. 

When did you last do the trick within the game?! Was it recently or like a year ago? 

12 minutes ago, masher22 said:

I'm trying to get to the bottom of wether holding X to do the tricks while in the air.. Is now potentially permanently bugged?! It doesn't seem to work at all. I've watched a dozen YouTube videos/guides and talk throughs on how to do it. It should be simple... But the controls do not respond.  Not at all, no matter what I do or how long the vehicles are in the air. Even during 6 second+ jump no button presses or sequences are getting the cars to roll. Other people recently (especially in the last couple of months) are having the same trouble as me. I've seen multiple comments on YouTube of people not being able to do it either. Is it something as silly as having to play the game to a specific point, to have the feature of air tricks unlocked to you?! There's not enough information on the Internet to go on so I'm trying to find that information. 

That co-op strategy could work though. Thank you. As the car would easily be able to rotate once in that height. Hopefully the game would actually count it, would take trial and error to find out. 

When did you last do the trick within the game?! Was it recently or like a year ago? 

I started the game a week ago and got the 100% in that time on the latest patch. 

I haven't written off the fact I'm being totally stupid. But I'm missing where the trick is to get this done. 

34 minutes ago, ZoKu08 said:

I used Fer Der Lence or sandstorm but I didn't hold x button. Got plat 20th september on ps4. There is a place on graveyard with multiple jumps.

I'll try those vehicles. Thank you! :)

Graveyard is where I have been trying to do this since the beginning. That also and a huge ramp that you go over in like the 3rd mission, at the South East corner of the map. 

Edited by masher22

Still absolutely no luck with this. I'm thinking of trying to share a video so you can all see what I mean about my input to the game doing nothing while vehicles are in the air. I've even gone as far as switching controllers and resetting in game control settings to default 😅 and I'm getting absolutely nowhere with this. It's just hours wasted. 

Still absolutely no luck with this. I'm thinking of trying to share a video so you can all see what I mean about my input to the game; doing nothing while vehicles are in the air. I've even gone as far as switching controllers and resetting in game control settings to default 😅 and I'm getting absolutely nowhere with this. It's just hours wasted. 

I've got one last lead thanks to a YouTube comment.. And that's to rank up enough to unlock the garage handling upgrade on a vehicle; Purchase it. And it might just fix the vehicle refusing to rotate. It's the only place I have seen this reported as potentially bugged. 

Edited by masher22

I've found a fix!! I trusted my instincts and persevered! For some reason you have to reach player level 5 for the air tricks to be unlocked. Wether this is intentional or a bug remains to be seen. But once the first vehicle upgrade is unlocked in the garages.. You are able to do air tricks with ease.. Without even having to buy any of the upgrades. I got to player level 5, then the first vehicle I found on the street I got into it and barrel rolled it with ease!! It's almost like reaching level 5 unlocks the ability to hold X while in the air and rotate the vehicles. Before level 5 it just doesn't work. I'm going to share this with the gaming world to put a lot of others out of their misery. I'm assuming the people that did this with ease for the first time were either already at level 5 or higher, or did it before a specific patch at a lower level. Honestly relieved is an understatement! I really hope this helps others in the future from hours of head scratching and frustration. 

• 6 months later...

I couldn't do it at first and was already in despair for an hour. Now comes my solution. :D I took the Sandstorm instead of the Ants and unlocked backflips. Then I saw the game dialog that I had to unlock the special function in Jim Rab's Garage. Go there and activate the hook that unlocks the ability, only then does it work. Other vehicle special actions do not require you to unlock them in the garage first. I think that could also be your problem, which actually no guide in the YouTube video mentioned specifically, but it is briefly explained in the game.